Chapter 21 Recruiting the Gods

I groaned when the lift jerked to a stop, it caused me to fly upward then fall to the ground again with a grunt. "Ow... they could make this a little kinder to the passengers." I grumbled to myself as I stood up rubbing the top of my head. I looked over to Geronimo, "You alright girl?"

She nodded. "Good." I stated as the doors of the elevator opened. I gasped. It was amazing. There was a long winding path lit by torches. At the top of the mountain there was a building made of what seemed to be marble. Matching statues surrounded the building. It was great then I realized how many steps there were. "Crap this is so not my week." I grumbled. Then I remembered my suit. I pressed a button on the strap and I felt my suit wrap around my torso then extend and cover my limbs. Once it reached my head I smirked just as my mask clamped shut. "Nimo stay here okay?"

I could tell she disapproved but I didn't give her a say in the matter. I took off and headed full speed right to the top of Olympus. I landed just outside the massive building and shuttered at the height. "Well, Arcee you've fought off Loki and other wanna-be's. Greek gods can't be that scary." I spoke trying to convince myself that I'd be okay. I sighed as my suit folded back up into my backpack. I walked in and down the halls following the sound of arguing voices. I walked to the edge of the door way and leaned in glancing at the people in the room. They were huge! "Um... Excuse me." I said trying to sound confident as I walked the rest the way into the room.

Suddenly it grew quiet and I had all of their eyes one me. I noticed rage in at least 5 or 6 of them and I tried to keep myself calm. "My name is Arcee Maria Stark and I am the daughter of Artemis but before you guys claim I am forbidden or what not my mother never broke her vow to remain a maiden goddess. I was born from an arrow shot by my mother. My friend is retrieving the evidence as we speak but I am here to humbly ask for some help. My family and friends were kidnapped and I need to get them back otherwise Gaia will rise. I will give anything to have my family back. Also I ask for you to lift Calypso's curse. I need her help if I plan on being able to defeat Gaia." I said without stopping and when one of the Gods looked like they were going to interrupt I continued speaking.

Zeus was the only one to speak, "You come to Olympus to ask a favor from the Gods that disgrace you're very existence, correct."

"Yepp because though this may sound rude, I am not scared of you guys because I know that you guys won't get your hands dirty by saving the Earth. So you use Demi-Gods like me to do you're work always making us think you'll kill us but we are too valuable to you." I placed a hand on my hip.

"Why you!" A different god growled. I glanced over at him and saw his eyes looked like he was blood-hungry.

"Ares, Be silent." I heard yet another voice. I saw that the guy had a bow on his back and his throne was made out of gold, suns and other things were carved into it. I assumed it was Apollo. "The girl has a point; we do use Demi-Gods a lot. She needs to defeat Gaia. Otherwise we'll all be trapped in the pit."

"She has no right to speak to us that way! We are gods!" Ares boomed and my mom rolled her eyes.

"Ares, stop being an egotistical maniac and listen to reason. We can't stop Gaia alone. With the help of the Demi-Gods we might be able to prevent the fall of Olympus." Artemis argued.

"Apollo and Artemis are right. We could use her maybe we should do as she asks." A woman with blonde hair and grey eyes spoke up. Those grey eyes reminded me so much of Annabeth that it had to be Athena.

Then the room broke out in a fight. My mother glanced over at me, an apologetic smile on her face. Then I heard her voice in my head, 'I am so proud of you sweetheart.'

I smiled back and thought in response, 'Thanks Mom.'

"Silence!" Zeus boomed. Suddenly everyone stopped talking and stared at him. I stood there with my stupid little smirk on my face. "We will help you Daughter of Artemis but know this the Gods won't be able to help you anymore."

"Fine, as long as my family is given back to me unharmed you'll never hear from me again." I replied.

"Artemis you and you're hunters are to go with Arcee to rescue her family then you will return immediately to Olympus. After that you will never have physical contact with your daughter again." Zeus instructed my mom.

"Excuse me. Sorry, Zeus but theirs one more thing you have to do otherwise I won't help you and you guys will fall. This ban on gods interacting with their kids will be dropped."

"No." Zeus stated.

"Well then, I walk and you get trapped for eternity." I responded a great poker becoming my mask. I turned around as if I was about to walk out when I heard a new voice pitch in.

"Brother, I think we should listen to her." I glanced over to see a man with a trident speak up and I knew right away that this was the one and only God of the Sea, Posidon. "It's not right that we have kids then we completely ignore them."

"Alright fine. The ban on contact with our children is lifted." My mother stood up and walked over to me. Suddenly she started glowing and I quickly averted my eyes. When I looked again my mom was walking towards me in a human form.

"Let us rescue you're father, sweetheart." She spoke kindly and I nodded.

"Let's." Then we stepped into a beam of moon light and teleported back to Ogygia except this time I was actually able to walk on the land. I smiled when I saw Geronimo right next to me and when I heard Nico's voice.

Time to plan a break out.