Chapter 9 The Quest Begins (edited)

I woke up to the sound of thunder and rain pounding on the roof. I heard campers outside talking about how this never happens and how Zeus is probably angry at me and my mother. I walked out there and people started glaring at me. I ignored them and walked over to Annabeth and Percy. Percy had his arms wrapped around her from behind. Annabeth had her head leaned back onto his chest and her arms resting on his.

I felt something I had never felt before. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was jealousy but I wasn't sure. 'Hey guys. What's going on?'

'Everyone thinks the gods are angry with... well you and your mother.' Percy replied still looking at the sky.

'Let me guess. It's because I'm forbidden.' I said casually with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

'Yep." He said as another fit of thunder shook the cabins and the ground we stood on.

'I think our quest was just put on the fast track.' Annabeth added.

'Agreed. I'll go get my bag.' I looked at my wrist and felt my neck-chest area to make sure my gifts were still there. Yep all good. I then returned to my cabin, changed, and grabbed my backpack.

I walked back to see Percy and Annabeth ready to go. Hand in Hand. Again I felt that indescribable feeling. 'Let's go tell Chiron.' I stated Annabeth nodded and we walked towards the big house. Mr. D and Chiron stood there talking about Zeus's anger.

'Ah, Arcee, Annabeth, Percy.' He greeted. 'I see you are ready to go.'

'Yeah. Since the gods are causing all this ruckus, we thought that we better calm them down by going as soon as possible and getting this quest over and done with before they bring the ground around of crumbling down.' I said with a yawn and little crabby. Like my father I wasn't a morning person.

'Smart girl.' Mr. D said speaking up. 'Johnson, I presume you are also going on this quest.'

'It's Jackson and yes. He is.' I replied haughtily but one the words left my mouth I knew I had just made a BIG mistake.

'You bratty mortals!!! If I was able to I would turn you all into Dolphin men and make you my servants!' I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

I turned towards Chiron. 'Is it alright if we leave now?'

'Yes. Argus will drive you into the city from there you'll start your quest.' he told us and I nodded.

He started trotting off, leaving us us jogging to keep up. We approached a guy that was covered in eyeballs. I was slightly creeped out but didn't say anything.

'Good Luck and may the gods guide your way.' Chiron said to us, then he left.

Not long after, Argus motioned for us to follow him, which we did willingly, and he lead us to a van. Annabeth and Percy climbed in and I followed. We all buckled up as Argus started the van. He took off down the road. Time to head to the city.