Chapter 49- The Doctor's Choice

Start from the beginning

Sure, Emily's visit to Dr. Jacobs yesterday went well; everything looked good and normal, her blood pressure was also normal and fortunately, she didn't have any episodes of severe bleeding ever since she was diagnosed with Von Willebrand disease last year. The thing that has been bothering me was her extreme drowsiness and uncontrollable mood swing. I tried to calm her down last night, release the tension that was eating up her head and body

...and pussy. You forgot about the pussy, Dude.

I just wanted to give her an orgasm, you know, because during one, oxytocin is being released from her pituitary gland and it will lower her stress levels. Also, it could have given her a peaceful sleep after the deed because she had been pretending to sleep the whole afternoon just to avoid talking to me.

Hugging and cuddling also release oxytocin, Man. No need to fuck her.

But she also liked it! She just battled her way out of her arousal because of her jealousy. I was pretty sure of it because she was fucking wet last night.

From the operation theatre, I have already reached the floor of my office but she hasn't answered my call yet.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Greene!" One of the nurses in the station greets me as I am passing by. They are giggling over something while looking at me. I stop in my tracks and give them a rather formal smile.

Nichola stops whatever paperwork she is doing and joins them.

"How is it going with Emily?" she cheerfully asks. Of all the nurses assigned here, she's my favorite and is the one who I am completely comfortable with.

"She's doing fine. Three more months and I'm finally a father."

"You heard that, ladies!" she cocks her head to the direction of the other nurses, the younger ones. "He's totally taken, and will finally have his own family soon."

My lips automatically stretch into a smile at the word "family".

Actually, I wanted to marry Emily first, but Alexa suddenly came into our life without any warning. Not that I am complaining though. In fact, I couldn't be any happier.

"Don't forget to include us in the godmothers' list, Dr. Greene." Eva, another senior nurse butts in.

An excited laugh comes out naturally from me.

"Sure, girls." I throw a wink to their direction, and one of the nurses acts like she just fainted. I shake my head in amusement as I finally head back to my office.

I immediately slump back to my swivel chair and take my new camera out from my drawer. This is very special because this is Emily's gift on my last birthday. I check my latest shots, which was taken just this morning, and stare at my sleeping girl's face.

God, this woman. She's just so beautiful, and even more, now that she's carrying my child. She always makes my heart flutter every time I look at her.

I lean back to my chair and check the other shots like a fanboy addicted to his dreamgirl's pictures. It's a habit, actually.

Someone's addicted to his girl.

And you make it sound like it's a bad thing.

Her lips are slightly parted in one of the shots, and as I look closer, I just realize that her cheeks look even more swollen than yesterday.

My instinct fires up, prompting me to try calling her again. I need to bring her here today.

Her phone has been ringing for the past ten minutes. Why is she not picking it up? I presume that she is still asleep, but it has been like sixteen hours already.