The Way You Show Your Love For Me

(Sorry it's taken so long to update, I've been super busy so I haven't had time to edit or write more with Tad. I'll be free of my busy schedule by Saturday, so the only excuse I'll have after that is my forgetfulness.)

Tyler opened the bedroom door to see Aremis on the bed, but this time he fit much more easily than before. The small fluffy white fur of his coat glistened in the dying sunlight as he laid curled up in a little ball fast asleep.

“Hey there, buddy,” Tyler whispered as he crawled over to pet him.

Aremis opened his still very bright blue eyes and yawned. Then connected who was petting him and gave a happy bark. The long tail wagged as he bounced up into Tyler’s arms and tilted his head as the tall man laughed at how silly he was.

“Thanks for not telling Ethan anything,” Tyler muttered. “How about you come with us when I show him? He would want you to be there too.”

Another small bark was enough to tell Tyler that Aremis thought that was a wonderful idea.

He hopped down from the bed and padded over towards the door, which Tyler pushed open so he could run out into the living room to see Ethan. There was a loud giggle in the next room and Tyler couldn't help but smile, beginning to get changed.

He folded his dress shirt and pants, sitting them on the drawer next to the dirty laundry. Searching afterwards through the closet for a thin but comfortable shirt, settling on a printed superhero one.

He looked himself over in the mirror and fixed his hair, moving back into the room with Ethan, who was laying on his back and giggling at the small dog sitting on his chest, licking away at his face.

“Hey baby, you ready? I thought we could take Aremis too.”

Ethan giggled again as he got up with the small dog in his arms. He missed Aremis as a human, but he had to admit that it would be a lot easier for all three of them to fit in Tyler’s car.

They were driving in no time with Aremis sticking his fuzzy head out of the window as Tyler drove. The dog barking happily as they zipped by people on bikes.

“Are you going to tell me anything?” Ethan asked. “Even a clue?”

“Nope.” Tyler grinned at the glare he received, but he kept his eyes on the road, his left leg bouncing with all the built up excitement inside of him he was trying to contain.

It was only a few more blocks, just a couple of more stop lights until they were there, until he could finally show Ethan over a years worth of work. He was biting his tongue to stop himself from grinning, his fingers drumming against the steering wheel every time they stopped.

“Oh come ooooon,” Ethan groaned, leaning back in his seat, “tell me tell me tell me! I wanna knooooow.”

“You'll just have to wait, love.” Ethan huffed.

“I'll make you sleep on the couch.”

Tyler placed a dramatic hand over his heart as if he had been mortally wounded. Then pushed an imaginary tear from his eye and sighed very loudly.

“Abandoned by my greatest joy,” Tyler groaned. “Then banished to the couch forever. Fine. I’ll just have to stay there and sleep with Aremis. I’m sure he wouldn’t - “

“Like hell you will!” Ethan screamed and Tyler laughed again.

Even Aremis seemed to be grinning at the idea, which didn’t help Ethan’s mood at all. Another couple of miles had them much further into the countryside. Tyler was enjoying the way his boyfriend was taking in every single sight and sound as a possible clue of where they were going.