The Way You Look At Other Men

“Well, it is getting late. But you're a little too...big, to sleep on the bed with us now.” The smile on the alien’s face was slowly beginning to fall into a frown. Ethan opened his mouth to say more, but Tyler moved from his spot on the couch and moved into the kitchen, draining the water that had just began to boil.

“Tyler you don't have to-”

“You guys are right, it's late and I haven't even put the noodles in. We had a late lunch, and I'll just make sure to make a big breakfast.”

Aremis’ face lights up again as he began bouncing with excitement. Ethan gave a weak smile, trying his best to figure out how to deal with having the three of them in bed. Perhaps the practical approach was best.

“We only have a full sized bed,” Ethan explained. “There probably won’t be enough room for the three of us to fit. I mean, Tyler alone takes up most of the bed.”

Tyler grunted at this, as if Ethan was saying he was a big as a house, or something. The smaller man blushed, understanding how his words must have sounded.

“Maybe it’s best that you just sleep on the couch until we figure something else out?”

Aremis’ bounces slowly came to a stop, leaving the tall man standing at his full height with his head yet again tilted, bright blue eyes staring down at Ethan in confusion.

“But Master Ethan, you allowed me on the bed before while both you and Master Tyler were sleeping there. If all of us had room then we could definitely do so again, I know I'm a bit bigger now but I'm quite flexible and I could lay in a way that would take up less room.”

Ethan blushes again at the ‘I’m quite flexible’ part of the alien’s last sentence, but only Tyler seems to get what his reddened cheeks are about. The Amare blinks at the two men, his face still puzzled at the need to sleep on the couch.

Tyler clears his throat, and tries to explain a little better.

“It’s just a little weird to have you sleeping with us when your not a dog anymore, Aremis. It’s different when humans sleep together.”

If this was supposed to help the issue, then Tyler was mistaken. The taller man tilted his regal head again back at Ethan.

“So, you don’t want me to sleep with the two of you because it’s weird? If I need to I’ll change back into the dog instead, if you really like that form better than what I really am.”

The words break the smaller man’s heart as he looks up into the brilliant blue eyes. The thought of Aremis thinking that he wasn’t wanted or cared about unless he was a cute puppy was the last thing that Ethan wanted.

Before he could even think it over in his head he was closing the few feet of space between them and wrapping his arms around the taller male’s middle, making sure this time that the blanket was secure against his body.

Aremis seemed surprised by the action, along with a slightly irritated Tyler, but after a few breaths his clenched fists slowly relaxed at his sides, a quiet sigh leaving him as he watched the white haired alien rest his head atop Ethan's, seeing as his arms were trapped in his hug.

“We don't like you better as a dog Aremis, that wasn't what we were trying to say at all. Me and Tyler are in a romantic relationship together, remember? I think I explained that,” he bit his lip, hoping he really had, “so it's just a bit odd for us to sleep in a bed with anyone else, does that make sense? It has nothing to do with your form, if our friends were over or we were at their house and spent the night, they'd sleep on the couch or we'd sleep in a guest bed.”