The Way You Kiss Me

It completely spaced my mind to update yesturday, so here's the chapter a day late.

The next morning was rather unusual for a number of things, the first of which happened as soon as Ethan's eyes fluttered open in their dim bedroom, the only light coming from the open window. It was enough for him to see the strong features of his boyfriend, who was pressed right against him; when he leaned back he was able to peer at his face, which was relaxed and peaceful as he slept.

It was very rare for Ethan to wake up before Tyler, seeing as the older man always got up at eight, while the younger always slept through alarms. It was an uncommon, but very enjoyable treat in a way, getting to see Tyler in such a vulnerable and calm state. He wasn't worrying about what could happen next, he wasn't afraid of what others would think of him, he wasn't frustrated thinking about work and how much he would have to save in order to get him and Ethan out of this apartment and into their own real home. Instead he just slept.

Ethan smiled at that, running a hand up Tyler's naked arm, snuggling back under his chin and breathing in his musky scent. He noticed they were both shirtless and in their underwear, Tyler had probably taken off his jeans while he slept so he wouldn't have to suffer through Ethan complaining about how uncomfortable they were to sleep in.

Tyler's long arm twitched at the attention, his slender lips opened just enough for Ethan to place a soft kiss there. The older man sighed and he wrapped himself around the smaller man, placing his chin on the top of Ethan's head.

The dog made a muffled noise as he got out of the small pile of blankets, his face turning this way and that in an attempt to find Ethan. The small whimper has the young man wiggling out of his boyfriend's firm hold to scoop the puppy in his arms. The canine makes squeaking noises of joy at the kisses and hugs, it's tail wagging madly as Ethan giggled.

"Good morning, cutie!" Ethan says, nuzzling his face into the bright white fur. "Let's get you outside for a walk."

Ethan had just swung his legs over the side of the bed, adjusting his hold on the dog so he wouldn't accidently drop him, when a large hand gently settled on his hip. He turned his head back, his emeralds locking with tired, confused sapphires; Tyler was still drowsy considering he had just woken up, so he couldn't really wrap his head around why Ethan was trying to leave, he just knew he didn't like it.

"Angel? Where ya goin'?" Ethan bit his lip, a guilty look washing over his face at the hurt he could see behind the eyes he loved so dearly. "What about cuddles? We always cuddle in the morning." Ethan glanced down at the small dog in his arms, who was now beginning to squirm.

"I was gonna take the dog on a walk." Tyler pulled his hand away at that, finding the sheets more interesting then his boyfriend as he nodded slowly, turning onto his other side.

"Oh. Okay." The look of betrayal on his lovers strong face begged him to lay back down and let the larger man hold him in his muscular arms, but the persistent squirming and whimpers of the dog in his arms tugged him in a different direction: towards the closet to change.

With a feeling of slight resentment for the blue eyed pup in his heart, Tyler watches as Ethan leaves the bedroom with the squirmy canine in his arms and a pair of jeans flung over his narrow shoulder. Then an opening and closing of the front door confirms that no cuddles are happening for a while.

Grumbling softly, the taller man places his large bare feet on the bedroom carpet and hoist himself up. A warm shower would have to take the place of his boyfriend's skin for this morning, at least.

Luckily Tyler's mood improves once he's up and moving around. The morning air always helps him feel better, no matter how he wakes up. He even shakes his head as to his earlier attitude for the dog. To be grumpy over such a cute creature was beneath him, and Ethan was loving having the canine around.