Chapter 23

Jade paid the cab handsomely once they brought her home. What a day. She started walking to her house on slow legs with her head lulling to the side. It was too tiring to keep up with her nosey school mates. If this doesn't stop soon I'm going to have to tell or something. That probably wouldn't work but it could be a warning before she threatened to hire someone to murder everyone. Worked for someone before. No one bugged them after that threat. Ha ha.

Jade got her key out and opened up the door then. "Mam, I'm home." Their father would be home late today.

"Oh are you?" She heard the mother say from the stairs. She came running down to meet Jade and then hugged her. She gave the girl a kiss on the cheek then asked her how her day was.

Jade wore a little smile "It was a good day Mam. Very productive." The only thing she got done was her drawing of Jesy. The Jesy she missed. I should hang meself. She shoved that thought away.

"Well your day was better than mine pet." Mrs. Thirlwall sighed.

"How's Jesy been?" Jade asked.

The mother shook her head. "I nearly called the ambulance. She doesn't want to eat and she isn't moving. I don't understand and it's worrying me."

"Well mam periods can do th-"

"Jade I changed her clothes and saw no sign of a period."

Jade swallowed her words. "Well . . ."

The mother sighed then supported her body while resting her hands on the kitchen table. There, she sighed again. "Why would you lie like that? Why is what's wrong with her such a big secret?"

Jade did not know what to tell her. If she did then she would not have the energy to say it. "Mam I can't." She sat at the table.

The mother frowned. "Can't what pet?"

"I can't right now okay? Give me a minute." Jade rested her head on the table.

That was odd. Jade had seemed fine a while ago. Why was she like this suddenly? "Jadey-" She placed a hand at her daughter's back and was ready to try to comfort her but she had to stop because a knock at the door sounded.

Jade growled by the noise. "Did Dad forget his key?" She groaned into the table.

"Not that I'm aware of." Mrs. Thirlwall walked up to the door and opened it. What she saw outside surprised her. "Oh . . ."

Jade sat up once she heard her mother's surprise. She looked to the door with half-closed eyes and nearly screamed by what she saw. Why in f*ck's name are they f*cking here??

"Hey Mrs. Thirlwall." The guys were greeting the mother with hugs before entering.

Yoongi was in first and he waved at Jade once he stood in the kitchen. "Hey." She wore this sort of glare that made him feel as if he was being murdered in her head.

Jade was imagining stabbing him and the others. Son of a bitch. They were now all in the kitchen, standing and watching her mother come up to them.

"Boys it feels like it's been long since I've last seen you all. What brings you here?" The mother sounded both happy and surprised to see them- mainly surprised though.

"Oh we just wanted to see Jesy." Ray Ray said with hands in his pockets.

Jade tried to shoot him with lasers from her eyes.

"Yes she didn't come to school today so we were worried." Jin spoke this time.

"I mean she fainted yesterday at school so-" Prodigy started.