Chapter 34

Back at their lunch table, Jesy kept her mouth twisted as she stared at the sleeping Leigh-Anne.

Calum was rubbing the girl's back. Now that he knew all of the secrets about their squad, he could appreciate why they wanted it to all be kept secret. Perrie had basically laid it all down to him the night before via text. "She's dead tired and it looks as if she hasn't eaten all day." He felt for a temperature at the girl's forehead and felt nothing. He supposed that she was okay in terms of physical health but where was she mentally?

Jesy could not help but feel as if this was due to her slip of the tongue yesterday. Look at her. It's clearly her anxiety that's got her like this. Her Chubs' hair wasn't neat and gelled down like it usually was but was in a messy bun which was accompanied by her curls going wild around it. When she had come in here, her uniform had looked nearly ready to fall off her and as soon as she'd seated herself she'd fallen asleep instantly. "Shouldn't you try to feed her or something? Staying hungry can really mess a person up." She looked into the eyes of the black haired boy.

Calum sighed. Can't believe that they used to date when they were only ten years old. He guessed people really knew what they were talking about when they said that being gay or bi or any sexuality wasn't a choice. It was just how a person was. Based on how Perrie described everything, it appeared that neither of the girls had been exposed to other sexualities when they'd fallen in love. It was just how they were. I guess it's like how a person can prefer a certain type of food to another. Is that a good comparison? He felt like it was. I mean, you could eat it but it will probably make you upset cause well . . . it's not what you like. "I guess I could try." He tapped Leigh's arm. "Hey."

Jesy felt her heart being squeezed between two imaginary walls. She bit her lip as she watched the boy try to wake her girl. I should be the one to hold you and make it all better but this isn't a perfect world. And of course, she didn't deserve to do that. She ruined Leigh. Should I apologize? She was afraid to.

Leigh's eyes opened to slits and she looked with blurry vision at Calum.

"Aren't you hungry? You haven't even opened up your lunch bag to get your lunch out." He said softly.

Jesy just wanted to pop out of her chair to hug the girl and hold her on her lap and feed her slowly. She wanted to kiss it all better but she was stuck here. This literally hurt and the walls around her heart were not helping. "You should eat before your stomach starts to hurt."

Leigh-Anne sat up tiredly and then picked up her lunch bag from where she'd had it resting on the ground. She placed it onto her lap and started to pull her lunch out.

Calum and Jesy observed as she took a flask out and then a bowl and lastly another bowl which seemed to contain her lunch. "Is this your breakfast?" He picked up the first bowl.

Leigh-Anne didn't answer him. She took the bowl slowly and then placed it back into her bag before putting her flask inside as well. Now she was opening up her lunch bowl to pull out a sandwich.

Jesy's shoulders fell as she watched the girl take a painful bite. "Well maybe you don't have to eat if you really don't want to-" She felt her phone buzz in her blazer pocket and nearly growled. How was it that she was still able to know when she had messages even with her notifications on most chats off? Ugh. I'm just going to ignore it like I do with the others. She left her phone and kept observing Leigh-Anne.

"Easy there. You don't need to eat it so quickly." Calum took the sandwich from Leigh and placed it on the table. She had taken three bites already and now had a full mouth.

Leigh-Anne chewed with her face looking more awake though she still seemed slow. She swallowed and then pulled her flask out of her lunch bag to take a sip of tea.