Greed

Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed. 

- Mahatma Gandhi

"You won't make it! You can't sing, you can't dance" the trainer sighed. "Why am I even bothering?" he dropped everything and stormed out of the room, banging the door behind him.

The room felt cold after his words. Jungkook's skin crawled and his fists clenched. Everyone in the room was dead silent with their eyes nailed to the floor.

"I guess he's right, we're good for nothing..." Yoongi sighed before dragging himself out of the asphyxiating room. The others followed, emptying the practice room one by one. The only one left behind was Jungkook.

He sat in the middle of the room, accompanied by nothing but the trainers insults, floating around in the air, making Jungkook's skin crawl once again.

He looked around at the mirror-covered walls, staring back at his reflection with eyes full of emptiness. He searched for himself through the reflection but all he could see was a failure.

He clenched his fists and punched the wooden floor. A simple vein popping on his forehead, giving him a slight headache.

He hated this feeling. He hated being a failure. The maknae craved acknowledgement. He craved and he craved. He craved for hours inside the empty cold room, beating himself up for what he couldn't do. What he couldn't have.

His empty eyes stared back at his reflection but this time it was different. It felt different. What previously felt like pain and sorrow was now replaced with a sudden desire, a sudden greed.

He desired everything but had nothing. That realization brought him back to reality.

Jungkook shook his head and punched the floor once again. "Why can't I have everything?" he asked and looked back at his reflection.

This time it was different again. Although Jungkook was furious, his reflection had a smirk of satisfaction plastered on it's face.

Jungkook stood up and walked closer. The reflection mimicking his every move except his emotions. Jungkook was furious because of the trainer, no,  because of himself.

He was now facing his reflection, his face inches apart from the mirror. Jungkook's lips were shaped into a frown but the reflection was still smirking but this time it was different.

The previous grin of satisfaction had turned into a deviant, sinister smirk. That made Jungkook feel angry, no, scared.

He raised his hand, reaching for his face. Not his actual face but the reflection's. The moment his touched the mirror, the lights around him faded away and he found himself elsewhere.

He found himself floating in a dark room. Dim lighting against the walls providing an abstract image of where he was. But there were no walls in the room, only mirrors.

He could see himself, his reflection, in every single corner of the strange room, watching him, judging him.

"Where am I?" he asked himself but didn't expect an answer. A deafening sound of shattering glass filled the room and suddenly Jungkook heard a voice, his voice.

"You are inside the mirror." the sound came from one of his reflections. The voice was distorted and frightening, full of mischief. "Who are you?" he asked firmly and the reflection cackled, it's voice radiating arrogance. "I'm you."

Jungkook's body tensed up, his eyes over infested with dread. Could this be a dream? A nightmare? Jungkook challenged himself to wake up from this night terror but found himself unable to. His futile efforts making him feeling frenzied.

"Why am I here?" the young man finally asked, his voice filled with rage and fear. "You are here because I want you to be." the reflection explained, it's voice overflowing with hostility.

"I don't care what you want!" Jungkook breathed and looked away but everywhere he looked his reflection was there, lurking in every corner, in every shadow.

"Then what do you want?" the voice resonated throughout the glass room, loud and clear. 

Jungkook didn't expect this question. He got lost in his thoughts, exasperation overflowing his mind. Wandering through everything that happened earlier today, everything that irritated him yesterday, everything that make him frantic the day before. After a moment of reconciliation with himself he finally spoke up. This time arrogance had taken over his scared voice.

"I want everything, I want me and my friends to debut and have everything there is to have. Fame, money, fans. I don't want anyone to insult us and call us worthless ever again."

Jungkook's words were passionate and his eyes were burning with greed.

"No matter the consequences?" the reflection smirked after seeing Jungkook nod.

"Remember, you asked for this." It's voice sounded ominous and filled with enigma.

Jungkook found himself waking up in the middle of the practice room. Hoping that what just happened was more than just a meaningless dream.

Little did he know that he had placed a curse on him and the rest of Bangtan and all for the sake of justifying one thing.

His greed.