Chapter 10 - Feared Chimera (unedited)

10

                                   ♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠ 

Brad stood up quickly and blew a whistle to wake up his roommates. Nick suddenly woke up, Brad scared the hell out of him. Nick tried his best to coordinate with them and Brad accepted him as their teammate.

Brad and his friends practiced hardly enough to defeat a horrible enemy. Their practice was not really good enough, not so quite to defeat a humongous monster.

Lucy hummed a high-pitch note and Lucy got the attention of them. Lucy wasn't treally tring to get their attention but humming to put her sorrows away because of her parents death.

They expected their fifth lesson later. Brad didn't expect the unexpected too much.

"Let's have a breakfast, shall we?" Brad said as his stomach grumbled loudly as everyone can hear.

"You must be really starving." Nick replied and Brad nodded.

Lucy was very shocked of Nick's flawless blonde hair when it was blown by the wind. It was like saliva flowing out of her mouth. Lucy always dreamt having a blonde hair, but she got was red and more red.

As they had eaten peacefully, Brad burped loudly,

"Eww!" Lucy yelled with a disgusted face.

"Oops, sorry!" Brad replied and Brad was filled with happiness again after eating a wonderful meal.

God Roklas treating Brad as his strongest barbarian in the history. God Roklas made a decision to elect a King Barbarian for them. God Roklas called all the barbarians, there were more than 100 strong barbarians. Someone suddenly shouted 'Brad', and everybody shouted the same so Brad became the King Barbarian..

God Roklas made another throne for Brad, God Roklas gave him an ancient bell, if you ring it, you need help and dozens of your allies will come and help you, and even God Roklas too...

Brad decided to make his friends to be his Prince Barbarians and a Princess Archer who was Lucy. God Roklas called King Bartosan to gave them some elements to choose with --- fire, water, earth, and the air.

Brad chose fire because of strength and braveness. George chose earth because he will defend them as how the earth is strong. Lucy chose air because of her agility and speed and Nick chose water to control it, to make some magics to it just to have minions while they fight.

After that, their team were called The Elemental Barbarians. Brad felt that he is too unfaithful to God Roklas because he thought that he is too selfish but he was really not selfish at all.

In times of hard work, all of them received an amulet of courage. It shows that you are too courageous enough even in to defeat a monster like Basilisk. Brad, Nick, George, and Lucy received a ring of their element. As long as they wear this, the elements will work as they fight.

One hour later, Brad and his friends decided to walk in the woods. They heard growls and roars, they thought it was a giant, so they decided to look at it.

Trust was very important to them since they got on to Mount Barb.

"What was that?" Nick asked as the Chimera roared.

"I don't know, why don't we check it out?" George replied.

Strange memories got into Brad again, when he heard the squawks the other night, led him to the silver pegasus. So he ran out of patience, he followed the roar, he thought that it will be better, if they didn't sneak a lot, and find it quickly as possible.

When he saw the creature, he stepped back and suddenly stomped on a twig and broke. The Chimera heard the noise, it looked to where the noise came from and saw Brad and chased him. Brad and his friends ran to their place quickly.

"Good idea at all, Brad." Lucy said.

Chimeras were extinct but Basilisk revived them all of them. Basilisk sent a Chimera in every Mount. They ran separately,

"Lucy, get our weapons and we will lure the Chimera." Brad asked and Lucy nodded.

Lucy headed to their dormitories when Trevor and Larry blocked her way.

"What's the hurry, kid?" Trevor asked and smiled.

Trevor and Larry graduated two years ago and were very tired being a barbarian. Trevor and Larry became the barbarian guards. They check what is happening to the barbarians.

"Not today, Trevor." Lucy replied and they all were just staring to each and other when Lucy got an idea.

Lucy bumped Trevor and kicked Larry. She ran to their dormitories and got their equipments, Trevor and Larry tried to chase Lucy again but God Roklas told them to stop.

Brad was getting tired of running and luring the Chimera already.

"What's taking her so long?" Brad asked to himself when Lucy arrived.

Lucy threw the sword to him, the shield to George and the wand to Nick. Lucy aimed the arrow at Chimera and released the strings but it was nothing to Chimera, she fired multiple shots, almost ran out of arrows. Lucy tried to get the attention of the Chimera. She threw a rock and the Chimera looked at her and started to chase her.

"Brad, pass me the sword." Lucy said and Brad passed the sword to her.

Lucy found a nearest tree and climbed the tree and quickly backflipped and thrust the heart of the Chimera and it fell down.

"Your favorite movements, eh?" Brad said and Lucy and George laughed.

Brad remembered about the blood of the Chimera, so he asked if they have a flask,

"I have one." Nick replied and handed the flask to Brad.

Brad took the blood and kept it inside his pocket.

Before they got home, God Roklas clapped his hands. They didn't knew that he was watching the whole time.

"Why didn't you fight and help us?" Brad said and was looking angry at God Roklas.

"It wasn't my fight, young lad." God Roklas replied. "That creature also tested you on how is your strategy when you defeat Basilisk, and Basilisk also tested your strength, speed, and intelligence on how to fight a giant creature like him. It was Basilisk who put a Chimera on our land. But thanks to you, you all saved us in danger from a harmful being." God Roklas added.

In the other hell kingdom, far far away. Basilisk was gone made because of the total failure that the Chimera lost a fight.

"Filthy pests, I'll shall take my revenge soon enough, to defeat you all evil beings." Basilisk said as he pushed the things that got into his way.

All of the villagers and creatures in Mount Barb were cheering for Brad and his friends for their braveness to defeat a Chimera. The villagers and others thought that Chimeras were extinct, but they also seek vengeance, when they've been resurrected.