Chapter 20 - Conscience of the Wizard (unedited)

20

                                ♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠

Lucy, mounting the silver Pegasus, appeared in the sky above, flying with the Pegasus. Finally, she saw her slung bow on Pegasus’ neck. She was extremely happy, seeing her bow awaken her courage and strength. She quickly grabbed the bow; nevertheless, she already forgot how to use the bow. She was blown away. Her heart went into like shattered pieces. She couldn’t manage the bow. She didn’t know how to nock an arrow to the string.

It was like doomsday to her. She had had a good day but became a bad day. The bow became unfamiliar to her, she was like almost professional to the bow, but being kidnapped changed everything. She quietly sobbed and she didn’t want Priscilla to hear her crying that will make the Pegasus care.

“How can this happen to me, I did everything. Everything. I gave up everything, being a warrior, and being the bravest noblewoman in myself.” Lucy cried to herself, and she went “No, no, this couldn’t happen.”

Priscilla almost heard her when the buzzing bees interrupted.

Lucy heaved a crying sigh of relief. Instinctively, she cried loudly, letting Priscilla hear everything. The Pegasus heard it, from her likely horses’ ears. She could hear it. Deep inside it, it went down to her heart and felt what Lucy had been crying. She almost felt it. There was like an almost stop of heartbeat in Priscilla’s heart that would let them fall to the ground.

“Why are you crying?” asked the Pegasus, still letting her eyes look in front. The young girl, who lost an ability of being an archer, hesitated, strumming the string of her bow. “Are you okay? It seems that your bow has become unfamiliar to you. It’s okay. Everything should go to square one. Since you’ve been abducted by that evil scheme wizard, you should train and practice yourself after the day you rest so you get energy and more potentially energized to shoot a rain of arrows.”

With the word of Priscilla, Lucy gained a new hope—new hope which destined to her that she should really practice more. More than she practiced before. It went to her. The words that struck her mind and confused it, letting her gain new hope.

“Thanks Priscilla, I really appreciate your thought. However, how can I practice? How?” she gained a second thought. A second thought—a second horrible thought. “I’ve practice so well, since I was changed barbarian to an agile archer. It seems so weird that everything kind of seemed… strange.”

“Everything’s strange, dear.”

Everything’s strange, she thought. Likewise, she equipped her bow and quivers and hung it to her shoulder. It appeared to be clearer for her now that everything’s strange.

“Yes dear, everything’s strange since Predatios came. People that lived near the kingdom of Abolara evacuated far away.” Priscilla squawked because she was used to squawking than neighing. Else, she could also do whinnying. “And also, there is this Basilisk who let Maltorm escape the hellhole prison of the south Thrempia.”

“Isn’t that the strictest and the strongest prison in Sicaltry? Why didn’t they stop Basilisk from going in?” Lucy muttered, confusion seemed to have gotten along her way.

“Easy answer for that dear, Basilisk became the feared evil antagonist of Sicaltry. No one could ever defeat that enormous kind of species. It’s rare and very hard to summon. Remember, that Predatios is the evil wizard—he is a summoner—a summoner of dark and evil. He summons them for his laughter when a town cries.”