Chapter 4 - A Whole New World (unedited)

4 

                                        ♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠

He decided to tell his mom about what happened but his mother suddenly went towards him and whispered,

“Brad, you are a barbarian, full-blooded barbarian, your father and I were barbarians, we fought monsters and creatures but now we are no longer barbarians, it was passed to the next generation.”

Brad was shocked when his mom told him that,

“Why did you just speak of this today, I already distinguished it.”

“I didn’t want you to know it, before something abominable happens. There is this Basilisk, I guess you knew it already. You should go to Mount Barb now. Leave me here, I’m okay here, just take anything with you.” Mom commanded him.

“Are you sure?” Brad replied.

“Yes, just be alert and be intact, Brad. I love you.” Mom said and cared for Brad a lot.

“Yes, mom. I love you too. Lucy’s parents were barbarians too?” Brad replied.

“Yes but Lucy’s parents died but George's parents were not dead.”  Mom said. “I’ll be dropping you off from school, good luck in your adventure, honey.”

It was a late night when he packed things and texted Lucy,

Your parents are barbarians too, Lucy and George’s.

She responded,

We already knew, we already asked the permission of George’s parents. We can go now.

They left their house and went towards the Forest of Wretched Souls. Lucy examined how Brad is doing but he seemed to be discriminated.

They reached Mount Barb...  Ichtyocentaurs welcomed them, and escorted them to the castle. They spoke to God Roklas.

Brad worshipped god Roklas for his mightiness and strength.

They approached their rooms but it was a harsh day for Brad leaving his parents. Lucy took care of him while Brad was crying and burdened.

They slept for tomorrow's massive test.