Chapter 9 - Nick's Problem (unedited)

9 

                                  ♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠

They started to pack up new things that King Bartosan gave to them.

"Thanks for these." Brad thanked magnificently.

"You're welcome." King Bartosan replied, "Good luck barbarians."

"Thank you." the barbarians replied.

Brad whistled and the silver pegasus came, they mounted her, and went to Mount Barb, but the other group was still mounting harpies.

"You know, pegasus. I'll shall name you." Brad said, "Any ideas guys?"

"Should it be Priscilla?" Lucy replied.

"I guess that's okay?" Brad replied with serious confusion, "Is it okay, Priscilla?" Brad added and the pegasus whinnied.

"I guess, that mean's 'okay'?" George interrupted.

They arrived, God Roklas welcomed them,

"I guess we have a winner." Trainer Blorey agreed.

"We have a winner, Brad and his team." Trainer Blorey exclaimed.

They went to their dormitories when suddenly Brad saw someone alone sobbing with glazing tears, Brad went near to him, and asked how he was doing,

"What's your name?" Brad asked but the boy didn't answer back. "I can help you." said Brad.

The boy looked at him and said,

"Nick.. Nick McCall." Nick introduced and Brad shook hands with him and said,

"I'm Brad, nice to meet you." Brad added. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Nothing, it's not that important." Nick replied.

Nick felt horrific presences and terrifying imaginations. Nick was a wizard before but became a barbarian because of his blood. Brad thought that if he should be a barbarian, he should be strong and tough. I called Lucy and George,

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

"Can we help Nick? This guy.." Brad replied.

"Oh yeah." Lucy said and asked Nick, "What's the problem?"

"I think he don't want to say it?" Brad interrupted.

Brad and George went to their dormitories except Lucy who was talking to Nick. Brad sleepiness led him to take a nap. Afterwards, George was taking a look at Lucy talking to the boy. George felt jealousy because George and Lucy didn't talk very much.

Brad woke up of his short sleep. It was a tiring day for Brad. Having happiness but there's also sadness that came up to him. His thought went way too much to past, he lost his sister who was very kind to him, his sister died on New Year's Day, she died because of smokes that firecrackers caused that lead him to sickness and to death. George saw him sad, George thought that he was remembering his parents. So George went and got Brad some water to drink,

"Thanks." Brad said.

"Don't mention it." George replied.

Lucy approached us and said,

"Nick said that he missed his life when he was still a wizard." Lucy explained, "He had many friends when he still on Mount Wiz. He had fun making magics, and making fun of others. He thought that it's more fun there than here. He was bullied by Trevor and Larry. So he thought that it is awful here in Mount Barb." Lucy added.

"Ohh, so that's it. Let him come over here." Brad replied.

"So let him be one of our friends too." George interrupted and Brad agreed.

Lucy called Nick, and Brad and George chattered with Nick, the whole night. Lucy was sleeping, she was very tired. Brad asked how he was making magics. Nick took out his shimmering wand, and made a spell that George and Brad received a cup of coffee. George and Brad was amazed of his talent.

"So I guess that's why is more fun there than here?" Brad said.

"I don't really mean it literally." Nick replied.

"Because Trevor and Larry?" Brad asked. "Just call us Nick, if you need help from us." Brad added.

Brad asked Nick if he could join them tomorrow and Nick agreed. Nick was feeling joyful again, and it was like that Nick had a happy life all over again. Brad asked him if he could sleep with them tomorrow, and Nick agreed too.

The next day, it was the fourth lesson. Trainer Dog was teaching them again. Trainer Dog thought them how to evade. Nick and Brad was partnered, so they were just swinging swords and they evade. Brad's instincts made him strong and Trainer Dog was happy for him that he learned well after he was kidnapped by the minotaurs. Brad was doing its utmost strength just to be nice to Trainer Dog.

"Good job, Brad." Trainer Dog congratulated him.

"Thanks..." Brad said. "Why are you not mad at me?" Brad asked.

"I'm not mad at you. I was just doing my job, kid." Trainer Dog replied.

Brad felt ashamed of his attitude. He thought that Trainer Dog was really getting mad at him so bad. But in the other way, it was just to make him strong.

God Roklas came, and asked everybody to eat supper with him. After everyone was done eating, God Roklas gave an assignment. He gave an different assignment to everyone.

The letter to Brad was,

Brad,

Your assignment is to practice a lot more to defend yourself in times of need. Practice hard and don't let this be a game. Basilisk is avenging.

Brad's anxiety was too deep, he wanted to ask God Roklas, but there was no time for God Roklas to talk to people, so he just pretended nothing happened.

Another letter to Lucy,

Lucy,

Your assignment is to protect everyone from danger, you should not be a barbarian, but an archer, a swift archer. You must help your friends defeat Basilisk. Practice accuracy and precision, your equipments are in your locker, bow and quiver and dozens of arrows.

Lucy felt disgraced reading the letter, she wanted to be a barbarian to be strong that her parents died. She wanted to stay strong and just forget what is past. She just wanted to let that memories fade away from her. So she just accepted the letter and let herself to be a successful archer.

This letter is for George,

George,

Your assignment is to be the defender of your friends, Brad will be the one who will attack, and Lucy to be an archer. You need to warm up in times of trouble, handling your huge electrified shield, you can also attack by using the shield. You shield them when they are almost attacked.

George glanced at his friends, and accepted the thought that he should be the defender, because he was the chosen one, so he shouldn't deny it. The letter that was gave to you was to describe who you are.

And lastly to Nick,

Nick,

Since you are a newcomer here, Brad will train you and fight with him you will become his partner. Brad will teach you how to evade, attack, and how to defend yourself. Have some fun, but not too long.

Nick felt happy that he was partnered with Brad again. God Roklas thought that Nick and Brad made a great partner to each other.

Four hours later, everyone was practicing. Lucy practicing her shots, getting some arrow, and shot. She practiced and practiced until she made herself perfect. George asked Lucy if she could practice with her, that George would block her arrows.

And for Brad who was teaching Nick new tricks, Brad swinged the sword and taught him how to evade and Brad demonstrated all the steps and Nick followed him and perfectly done.