It made it hard to think, to breathe, my brain clouded with his scent all around me.

"Tonight is about us," he said in a low, gentle rumble, using his other hand to grip my chin and stroke my lips with his thumb. "The official beginning of our relationship. For you, the beginning was giving yourself to me... and while I admit that was the biggest milestone we've encountered, tonight I intend to change that. Tonight is when our... happiness... truly and honestly begins."

"I'm happy right now," I replied. "I mean, we've already made so much- "

But I didn't get to finish my sentence because Sebastian kissed me. A hard, biting, aggressive kiss that was more teeth than lips. I was startled a little, but his eyes were still extremely dark, lacking the usual fire, and because of that I relaxed and returned the gesture with as much softness as I could manage. When we finally pulled apart, Sebastian's thin lips were flushed.

He pressed himself close until we were touching from knee to shoulder. Hit by a fit of whimsy, I leaned into him, inhaling as I dragged my nose along his neck. He went still when I hugged him, ignoring the clammy feeling of his sweat-dampened flesh.

"I love you," I hummed, kissing his throat. "Let's make tonight super special."

A pleased rumble rolled through him.

I didn't fight the flush of emotion that went through me when he leaned close and dragged his nose against the warmth in my cheeks. I turned my face and captured his mouth in a kiss, raising my hand to cup his cheek and hold it still. His lips moved against mine, slower this time, more of an exploration and discovery than an act of claiming dominance.

His hands moved, coming to rest on my waist, thumbs sliding beneath the material of my shirt to sweep across my skin. I shivered, skin prickling under the feeling of his heat.

"Beloved," Sebastian hissed against my mouth, and for no reason it suddenly hit me that this was his term of endearment for me. Beloved. I was his beloved. The realization made me light-headed and lighthearted, both.

Sebastian grabbed me under the thighs, lifting me easily and pinning me against the wall. I wrapped my legs around his waist, kissing him as he covered me with his body. Warmth enfolded me and I melted into a puddle, finding it hard to hold on, to keep my brain intact.

"We shouldn't before we go running," I somehow managed to whisper, and he paused, pulling back to look at me. "I could trip if I'm too shaky..."

Instead of putting me down, a cocky grin split his mouth and he wagged his bushy brows at me.

"Shaky?" he grunted, licking his teeth with a mischievous gleam in those dark eyes. "I see... I make you shaky, hm?"

I swallowed hard and nodded, but instead of teasing me he gently set me down and mussed up my hair. I watched as he turned to walk away, snatching something off the love seat. It turned out to be his leather jacket, which he slid over his sweaty bare skin, and an odd backpack.

I felt momentarily confused when he slid the pack across his shoulders and secured it in front of him using some buckles on the front. Once done, he turned and looked at me, holding out a hand and waiting with an expectant expression. I immediately stepped away from the wall and made my way over to him, setting my palm against his without hesitation.

"Come," he murmured, pushing back his curly hair and leading me toward the front door. I followed one step at a time until we were out the door, walking down the gravel driveway, moving out into the middle of the road.

Then, he let go of me, turning and walking backward, eyes on mine, every movement he made full of intent. He gestured with his head and gave me a not-smile before turning, leaning down, and blasting off. The rush of air that hit me was intense, sending my hair backwards, and within seconds he'd vanished down the winding mountain road and out of sight.