-chapter sixty-

It has been exactly fourteen days since I have last seen the Cullen's and three days since I've escaped Nico. I'm healing up nicely and enjoying my time with Peter and Charlotte. The Cullen's should be here in a few hours to take me home. 

Home. 

I can't wait to go home. 

"Ya got that dreamy look on ya face again," Peter comments, flicking my nose to bring me out of my daydream. 

"Piss off. I'm just happy to see them again," I slap his hand away. 

"Dreamy Joey, dreamy Joey," Peter chants, poking me in my sides to elicit giggles. 

"Stop! Ah!" I'm gasping for breath and wiggling around to try and get away from his cold fingers. 

"Beg for mercy!" Peter grins. 

"Mercy! Mercy!" I laugh. 

"Stop it before you make the poor thing pop a stitch," Charlotte scolds. 

Peter stops and leaves me panting as I try to catch my breath again. 

He then perks up and a wide smile stretches across his face. "They're almost here!" 

He leans down and scoops me into his arms, heading towards the door. 

My feet were still burned and I couldn't walk on them without pain so I was practically carried everywhere. 

Charlotte opens the door and Peter carries me down the front lawn when I see a small group break through the trees. 

And then I see her, in all her perfection. 

I wiggle until Peter sets me down in order to keep from dropping me and I take off across the lawn, ignoring the pain in my feet as I head towards my only goal. 

Rosalie spots me and moves faster until we meet in the middle, colliding into each other. 

Our hands roam each other's bodies as if to ensure that we were indeed there. We press kiss after desperate kiss over any patch of skin we could find until we eventually meet our lips. 

The others catch up and pull me into a group hug. Carlisle was there with Edward, Alice, Jasper, Tanya, and Eleazar. 

Jasper greets his coven and thanks them while I hang onto Rosalie. 

Her body was ice cold but her embrace was warm. I mold my body along hers as I mumble 'I love you's over and over again. Rosalie kisses the tears from my cheeks as they roll and whispers it back. 

"I'm sorry," I then say. "I'm so, so sorry." 

"Shut up," Rosalie mumbles. "And let me love you." 

And I do. 

Rosalie scoops me into her arms and pulls me close. 

"I want to go home," I mumble into her hair. 

"We will," She promises. 

They had taken cars to get down here and that was what had taken them so long. Rosalie carries me towards the cars while the others do their own thing. 

There were three cars and Rosalie carries me into the largest one. She helps me lay across the backseat, my head in her lap as we wait for the others. 

I look up at her from where her fingers are tangled in my locks of hair and I see nothing but perfection. 

"I was scared," I mumble and Rosalie's eyes flicker to look down into mine. "That I wouldn't ever see you again."