-chapter fifty five-

A/N: The glitched text is on purpose. Your electronic isn't broken.

DAY FIVE

"Look at me, my sweet," A sugary sweet voice coos. "Come back." 

My head hurts. I feel as though I was hit over the head with a frying pan. 

What happened? 

And then, like a freight train, it all came back. 

I open my eyes to see Nico's face looking down at me with... concern? 

It was void of the usual sneer or feral grin. 

"My lovely, I have brought you a present," Nico smirks, not quite the grin but smiling once more. He snaps his fingers and my eyes fall onto Tucker. 

"Tucker has been bad," Nico tells me. "He hurt you and he had no right to do so. I need you to help me punish him." 

I was surprised. What did he want me to do? 

"Do you remember this?" Nico questioned as he held up the switchblade that I had tried to stab Rowan with. "I want you to hurt him. Hurt him like he hurt you." 

What on earth was he playing at? Surely this was a test. 

"I have coated the knife in a special substance. Take care to not touch the blade," Nico tells me, flicking it open. "My venom will burn if you manage to piece his skin." 

He frowns when I don't take the knife. "Go on, my dear." 

A shaky hand comes up to clasp the knife. It's heavy in my hand. I don't know if it's the anxiety or because my muscles are sore from fighting. 

Nico notices that I'm not moving and lets out a huff, grabbing both of my shoulders and pushing me forward towards Tucker. 

I don't understand what he wants me to do.

"I'm sorry, man," Tucker pleads at Nico. "I didn't mean anything by it." 

"Ah, it's too late for apologies," Nico tisks. "In fact, I don't think I can forgive you until bruises no longer mar her skin." 

"Shit man, please," Tucker pleads some more. "I'm sorry." 

"Not as sorry as you're going to be when I bring Chase and Lomar," Nico's grin is back. 

"Please! Leave them out! They had nothing to do with this! It was all me!" Tucker pleads. 

Nico looks at me before coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. His right hand reaches out to cup mine before pushing me forward and guiding my hand to Tucker's shoulder. 

"Push," Nico's low breathy tone whispers in my ear. "Make him feel the pain you did." 

I don't like this. Make it stop. I wiggle a little in his hold but he's got me tight. 

Nico's hand grips mine uncomfortably and starts to push. 

The blade bends a little at first before Nico pulls my hand back. "Stab it as hard as you can." 

I don't know why I did it. 

The next thing I know, the knife is sailing through the air and then careening into Tucker's shoulder.