-chapter fifty six-

THE CULLEN'S: WEEK ONE

For the first two days, its nothing but frantic searching. No part of Washington state goes uncombed. Every nook and cranny is searched and then searched again. 

Her bag is found by Demetri just outside the border of Washington. She has multiple missed calls and texts from the family but also from her sister Isabella and her friend Colton. 

Rosalie knows her pass code and unlocks the phone, searching for any clue of where she could be. 

She continues Jolene's nightly texts to her sister, posing as her to keep up appearances. 

The Cullen children are forced back at school under the guise that Jolene and the twins have the flu. 

Rosalie has no qualms about snapping at the teachers and any students that get too close. 

"You need to calm down," Edward tells her after nearly bites a girls head off for bumping into her. 

"My mate is missing," Rosalie hisses under gritted teeth. "You don't understand what it's like. I feel like there is a gaping hole in my chest and sometimes it hurts and I fear that Jolene is hurt." 

"Try to push those thoughts away," He suggests. 

The next thing he knows, he pressed against the locker by his pissed sister. "You don't understand!" 

"No, I don't," Edward admits. "I have no idea what you're feeling but we all miss Jolene."

"Come on," Jasper gently wraps his arms around his 'twin'. "Let him go. I can't imagine how I would be feeling if I lost Alice." 

Rosalie sinks back into his arms, feeling tired and weary. "We're fucking around at school while she's out there!" 

"There is nothing we can do but not draw attention to ourselves," Jasper gently soothes. "We have the Volturi on our side. Carlisle is going to call allies to keep an eye out for her. They have no chance against us." 

Rosalie looks over at Alice desperately. "Have you seen anything?" 

"No, sorry," Alice shakes her head. "You know that I rarely see Jo." 

"I need some help Jasper," Rosalie whispers. "I don't want to feel anything." 

"You know I can't do that," Jasper gently rocks her in his arms. "But I can try and do this." 

Feelings of peace, content, security and love wash over like a blanket. Rosalie lets her eyes slip closed as she basks in the feelings that fight with desperation and panic. 

Rosalie wishes that Alec was there and could numb her senses. She doesn't like the kid but Jolene does. 

"C'mon. Classes are almost finished," Jasper guides Rosalie through the rest of her day until he finally settles her into their car after school. 

"Hey, wait," Alice perks up, eyes unfocused for a moment. "Don't leave yet." 

Alice gets out of the car, moving across the parking lot. 

"Where is she--" Emmett starts but stops when it clicks. 

Alice catches up with a certain black haired boy. 

Colton was freaked about Jolene. 

Jolene was the only person who knew all of Colton's secrets. She knew him inside and out. She gave him her full support on anything he did. 

Colton relied on Jolene for practically everything. She was his first real friend. She stood up for him even though it got her bruised and suspended. He taught her piano and in turn she taught him how to defend himself. 

They built a hideaway in the woods where they would meet at night when one of them needed the other. It was usually always Jolene that needed Colton, suffering from night terrors and needing to calm down. 

But Colton needed her too. The neglect of his parents and absence of any friends made him feel alone. He got low moods where he felt worthless and would cry to Jolene, apologizing for existing. 

Jolene missing was taking its tole. Rosalie would try to mimic Jolene and send him texts but Colton was a mystery and she wasn't sure how to reply to texts in the middle of the night that beg her to call him because he needed to hear her voice. 

Then the real reason Alice left comes into play as Eric Yorkie begins to pick on Colton and in turn Alice. 

Edward watches them, stopping Emmett from exiting the car. "Wait." 

Eric reaches out and grabs Alice's arm. 

Nobody expected Colton to swing a fist into Eric Yorkie's face. 

"Don't you fucking touch her!" Colton screams at him. "I'll fuck you up!" 

Eric's croonies have to haul him away, dripping blood from a broken nose. 

Colton never really spoke to the Cullen's but they were important to Jolene. She'd protected him so many times so it was his turn to stand up for her and those she cares about. 

Alice gushes praise causing him to blush profusely. 

Rosalie feels a bit better. 

-elastic heart- 

Carlisle sets down his cellphone with a sigh. 

Another promise to keep an eye out for Jolene and another promise to fight. 

Carlisle planned to attack as soon as Jolene was back in their grip. He'd gather them all. 

Nobody fucked with his kids and lived. 

Nobody. 

Sorry for the short chapter. School and work is kicking my ass and I have major writers block. 

I hope to get another chapter out before next Friday

THANKS!

~C.