-chapter fifty-

Those who went to Phoenix never met up with Jolene. They saw Demetri, questioned him about where she was. 

"The little Swan, she doesn't remember making a phone call to her sister," Demetri explained. "I feel that this vampire in the area was luring Jolene out with her sister." 

"Well then where is Jolene?" Kate demands. 

"I don't know." 

-elastic heart-

Carlisle called every vampire he could think of in hopes of them coming across her. He described what she looked like and her unique scent. 

The Cullen's were desperate. The guard from the Volturi showed up and joined in the hunt. 

It was the twelfth day that she was gone when she finally appeared. 

Jasper's old coven found her in Texas. 

Peter and Charlotte Whitlock found Jolene Swan, bloody and wandering the streets at two in the morning. They were enraptured with her scent before recalling how Jasper described her. 

Rosalie's mate with the comforting scent. 

-elastic heart-

"Do you smell that?" Peter's head whips up from the man he was feeding upon. 

"Smell what?" Charlotte inquired. 

"That smell," Peter mumbles, finishing his feed quickly and disposing of the body. He then darts off. 

"Peter!" Charlotte follows her mate and it isn't soon before she's hit with the scent. 

It was in the wee hours of the morning. It was dark and barely anyone was out. 

"There," Peter breathes out, shoving a finger at a figure down the street. 

Peter Whitlock had the gift of 'knowing' things. Right now, he was following his gift that told him to head after the figure. 

"Hey!" Peter catches up with the figure to see that it's a young woman. "Girlie!" 

Her back was facing them as she slightly stumbled across the flat asphalt. She had the scent of blood on her. 

"Hey Sugar?!" Charlotte calls out to the girl now, moving in next to her mate. 

Charlotte reaches out and grabs the girls shoulder. "Hey," 

The girl stops moving but makes no effort to turn around. 

"It's dangerous to move about this time of night alone," Peter comments, reaching out and turning her around. "Shit!"

The girl's front was coated in blood, shirt shredded. Her face was an array of bruises with dried blood under her nose. Her arms were firmly wrapped around her torso, covering where her shredded shirt did not. 

"Hey, what happened?" Peter questioned. "Can we call someone for you?" 

The girl reaches up to shove Peter's hand off of her shoulder when Peter catches sight of something. 

He grabs bits of her shirt, shoving her against the nearest wall. 

"Peter!?" Charlotte cries. 

"Where did you get this?!" Peter demands, grabbing her wrist and shaking it. "Who gave it to you?" 

Charlotte catches the flash of a charm on her wrist, a crest, and recognizes it for she bore the same one on a necklace. 

"This is my brothers," Peter hisses. "How did you get this?"