-chapter thirty two-

"I don't want to go back." I mumble from the airport waiting area. 

"You want to stay with red eyes?" Jasper turns to look at me. 

"It beats going home where I'll be constantly reminded that I'm going to military school every time I fuck up." I murmur, folding my arms. 

"We have some red eyed friends that you will be meeting. Gold eyes like us too." Edward reminds me. 

"Yeah. Well, I still have to live with my dad." I'd much rather live with the Cullen's. 

This was perhaps the best Christmas ever despite having an episode in front of vampire royalty and getting the shit beat out of me at my moms. 

I got to sit between Jasper and Rosalie on the plane and although I was squished, I felt safe. Nothing could happen to me with Rosalie and Jasper. Not now that I knew they were virtually indestructible vampires. 

I fell asleep, resting against Rosalie's shoulder with her pinky curled in mine. 

-elastic heart- 

Carlisle and Esme wanted me to come over so that I could get the Christmas presents that they had gotten me. I told them that I would ask Charlie. 

I get dropped off and take my single suitcase and brand new guitar up to the door where Charlie answers it. 

He lets me in and greets me with a grunt. 

"Welcome home, kiddo." He mumbles. 

I mutter a greeting back before escaping upstairs. 

My suitcase is unpacked and then filled with the gifts that I procured for them. I slip the smallest one into my pocket while I place my phone and iPod onto the bed. I slip my shoes off as I grab my present for Charlie.

I head back down to see if I could exchange gifts with the others when Charlie stops me, asking me to take a seat. 

He tells me that he got me a gift and I take a seat, curious and set his onto the table too.

He places a brown paper bag on the table, expecting me to open it. 

Unfold the top of the bag and peer inside. 

My stomach drops. 

"What the fuck?" I pull the high end cigarettes out of the bag. I drop them like fire when memories assault me. "Why would you get me cigarettes?!" 

"It's a nice pack." Charlie defends himself. "Why are you swearing at me?" 

"I don't smoke anymore!" I stand up abruptly, shoving my chair across the floor. "I haven't smoked in months!" 

"Since when?" Charlie demands. "You smoked all the time! You can't just stop smoking!" 

Well, if you met with a bloodthirsty vampire in the forest that commented on how the nicotine in cigarettes make you taste better, you'd quit too. 

"Well I did!" I defend, yanking my jacket off to flash my nicotine patches. "Doctor Cullen helped me get clean."

"Well excuse me for trying to do something nice for my kid!" Charlie's voice raises a little. 

"What kind of dad gets their kid fucking cigarettes for Christmas!?" I demand. 

"What was I supposed to get you!? I don't see you anymore!" Charlie heaves himself up to stand. "I don't have any clue what you like. You're always at the Cullen's!"