9|GALA

5 DAYS LATER

I pulled up to school after 5 days of not showing up. Preparing for the Gala in the afternoon. It was just what I needed after what had happened a few days ago when Alma walked in on us completely butt naked. She promised she wouldn't tell anybody and I believe her but I don't know about Charles. I don't think he doesn't believe I just think that he believes we're something. Plus I believe she does not approve.

When I didn't show up to school the following day he called me asking if he did something wrong. Apologizing if he crossed the line or something. I simply told him that I will not be showing up to school for the next following days because I'll be busy with my family and busy with moving and planning. Along with finding something to wear to match with Violet do we can go together. Then he apologized for being ignorant which I knowledge after accepting said apology.

Since I'll be going to work and to a hotel where I'll be getting ready to head to the gala right after school I wore a simple all black attire with no suit jacket as I thought that'll be too much even for school. I went to the office to get a pass because when am I not late to school?

I quickly put my things in my locker but as I was about to head to third period Charles appear behind me.

"Nice to see you." He says sliding in my view. "Yeah. You too." I smiled back. "How's everything going with the moving?" He asked crossing his arms and leaning into the locker. "I'm all set and have my own place. I might have Alma, Tyler and Tamara move in so I wouldn't be alone. Also might even have Joshua-"

"Why Joshua?" He immediately asked furrowing his brows. "What do you mean 'Why Joshua'?" I asked furrowing my brows as well.

"Well, I mean you guys dated. Wouldn't that be-I mean would something go on between you guys?" He says making me sigh. "Joshua was my friend before we dated. And we're friends even after we've broken up. I don't know what you think is going on between us but nothing is. We just simply slept with each other." I said as he stayed quiet.

     "So...should I not expect us sleeping with each other more? Probably not even go on a date or even have a panic in the backyard?" He asks making me think about it for a second.

In all honestly I do like his presence. I liked the sex. But I believe it wouldn't be going anywhere in our current situations as a Student and Teacher.

I believe I led him on but he pulled the first move by kissing me.

"I'll like that but I don't want to be in a relationship that I have to keep secret." He sighs as well. "But you kept your relationship with Miguel a secret." He counters. A low blow I might say. "That's different. It was strictly physical. Unless you want it to be like that." I offered. "I don't want that. I just want yo-"

      "I think there's a time and place to talk about this Charles. It's neither the time nor place so I'm heading to class." I said walking off before he can protest.

      I walked into class fashionably late and took my seat. Even as Alma glared at me from across the table. Along with a few people but not with the same reason as Alma.

      "Did his dick scare you off or something? Why haven't you come to school?" Alma asked from across as the two other students I choose to not bother knowing their name gave us side glances. "I just moved into another place. Plus I was helping with organizing the Gala." I said not meeting eyes as I took out my work I was assign over my absence. I hand it to the guy next to me since the teachers desk was just by him which he didn't mind giving her.