Training Ramona

Walking over to his sleeping puppy Bucky kept a stern face, of course his heart couldn't get over the cuteness of his little girl sleeping while snoring and kicking her little paws as she's dreaming dog dreams. Bucky remembering his mother warning the night before knew he had to make his little girl the best dog ever. Reaching a hand over he shook his puppy awake who grumble at her owner for waking her, and proceed to pick her up and carry her down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast. While fixing the wet dog food and milk combination his little girl sat by her Bucky waiting patiently for her breakfast. Bucky then turned around with the same stern face and placed her dog bowl on the floor. When Ramona went for her food Bucky then put his hand in the bowl and said the command "Wait", being confuse with this new approach Ramona tried to go around said hand to get to the best part of her days. Bucky then lift the bowl from floor and then told Ramona "Sit" girl. Ramona being completely confuse stared at Bucky trying to figure out what he want her to do.

Bucky, seeing his puppy looking completely confuse decided to help her out. Placing his opposite hand on her back side, he gently push down forcing Ramona in a sit position. Once her butt hit the floor he quickly said "Sit" then phrase  her with the food bowl. Ramona then starting to eat, once again she see Bucky hand inside the food bowl. Ramona stop eating her delicious food and look towards Bucky again. Bucky then said the command "Wait", "Sit Ramona". Ramona took a guess at what was being asked then proceed to place her butt on the floor, and was rewarded with the food. Bucky couldn't believe how smart his little girl really was, never before training her and on the second try she got what he ask of her. Bucky once again praised the good behavior, then deciding that it was enough on the first day of training. Going over to fix his own breakfast he sat beside her watching her eat and felt like a proud dad as his puppy intelligence. Bucky always knew his little was special and today proved it, she will be the best dog in New York. "Ok little girl you did good this morning, we still have along way to go but I believe we are on our way." Ramona finally done with her breakfast look over to Bucky and ran over to his lap giving him his usually face wash. Once each was finish eating, they went back to Bucky room to get ready for a busy day. Ramona in bliss at spending time with her Bucky followed him every where he went, but when it came to the bathroom, thats were Bucky put the brakes on her journey. 

Ramona knowing by now, that door is out off limits proceeded to walk down the hallway in search for new adventures. Mrs. Barnes walked out of her room already fresh and ready for her own busy day, see James dog wandering the halls. "Oh no Ramona, you go to James room until he get out of the shower, no more dog pee on the carpet." picking up Ramona and placing her in James room closing his door to prevent the dog from escaping she then told Rebecca to wake up and get ready to leave to head for a day of shopping. Mrs. Barnes know how attach her son is to his dog, but she was being serious about letting the dog find another home if she don't have good behavior, times were getting harder for the family, not just them but everyone, so having an animal in the house is wonderful, she's just worried that incase there isn't enough funds, then James maybe broken hearted if the family can't afford to take care of the little dog, she didn't want to see her son  face that reality if it ever comes. Mrs. Barnes had faith that her little family will make it through it, but there will always be that mother worry for her child. Shaking off the negative thought, and hearing James finish with his shower she yelled up to him " James Rebecca and I are leaving dear, there's leftovers in the fridge and please pick up my order when Mrs. Jone call for me if we are not back in time." "Ok mother, I will be safe love you mom" replied James "Love you too dear, we'll be back soon." Mrs. Barnes and Rebecca then left out the door to enjoy there day in the beautiful summer sun of New York.

Walking back to his room and seeing his mother put his dog in his room, chuckled at the sight of his puppy with an old sock that she found under his bed. Bucky quickly getting dress picked up Ramona and took her outside for training.  Steve was suppose to hang out with them and help with Ramona training, so waiting outside for Steve was the best bet, plus it was a beautiful sunny day. Bucky didn't take Ramona outside often, mainly because she was to weak and sickly but seeing her getting fat and healthy Bucky couldn't see any reason to keep her inside today. Seeing his friend and pretty much brother coming down the street. Bucky and Ramona meet Steve half way each greeting one another. "Hey Steve, you ready to go." ask Bucky with an excited puppy in his arms who want to greet Steve with puppy kisses. Steve couldn't resist Ramona took her from Bucky arms and was greeted with a lot of puppy kisses. "Hey Bucky, how you been with this little girl, I know your mom wasn't to happy, I hope I can help you both the best I can." Steve found it hard to talk, while dodging puppy tongues that almost went inside is mouth. Laughing both boys walk down the street, "Don't worry Steve, you will be a big help, just need to work on the basic, she is getting older and bigger, so training is vital for her safety and plus I don't want mom to feel stress and not get any sleep." "So Bucky were are we going?" ask Steve who finally was able to calm down Ramona who was now looking around the outside world and the people in it. "I need to buy Ramona a collar and leash, and pick up an order for mom from Mrs. Jone, then I figure we can go to the park and just work on the basic with Ramona." Bucky said. 

Reaching the pet store Steve and Bucky looked around for the perfect collar and leash, Ramona was gaining weight and holding her would soon become a thing in the past, so collar and leash training was starting today. Steve was feeling the weight of the puppy becoming to much and let Bucky know, Bucky took over the puppy holding, cementing the fact, that a leash and collar was a good idea after all. Spending about fifteen minutes looking they finally found the perfect leash and collar for Ramona that will look with her markings that were coming in. Going over to the counter Mr. Beans greeting the two friends with a friendly smile "Hello boys found everything you need ok?" "Yes Mr. Beans thank you, this will be all for us." Replied Steve and Bucky. "Ok fellas that will $1.25 today do you need a bag or are you just going to put it on her?" ask Mr. Beans who pet Ramona on her head after giving her a change to smell his hand and getting use to his scent. "No bag Mr. Beans, i'm training her today." Bucky said with pride of a new dog owner " This is step one of training plus she is getting heavy to carry." Laughing at Bucky clear love for his dog said "Ok son, she seem like a smart one i'm sure training her will be no problem. Have a nice day boys. Oh! and James that collar will fit her for a long time so you shouldn't worry about buying a new one for some time." "Perfect! thank you Mr. Beans, have a nice day! Come on Steve." Bucky replied back.

Bucky and Steve made it to the park at last after buying the collar and leash, plus his mother order, it was finally time for training

Bucky and Steve made it to the park at last after buying the collar and leash, plus his mother order, it was finally time for training. Steve held Ramona as Bucky was putting on her collar. Ramona not use to the contraption started to wiggle and try to bite at the collar feeling like it was chocking her. Of course, it wasn't it was loose enough for Bucky and Steve to squeeze two finger in between the collar and Ramona neck. "Ok Steve, it's time just for the usual Sit, Stay, Down and Come, how should we do it." Ramona so far not to impress with the collar, she was starting to get use it, but not at all happy. The rest of the afternoon Steve, Bucky and Ramona trained and of course Ramona passed each stage with flying colors. Bucky and Steve even came up with a unique whistle for Ramona, to recognize to come to them when called, both boys thought it would be a good idea for only them to know the whistle tone. 

Walking home and saying bye to Steve, Bucky and Ramona share a little private time with just the two of them before walking to the front door of the Barnes residents. Bucky pick up his little girl, started to cuddle her and giving her kisses while rubbing Ramona body, "You did such a great job today little girl, i'm proud of you and very happy that you found me that night, I know I don't tell you enough but I love you little girl, your the best dog ever." Bucky said with his face in Ramona neck and continue to rub her. Ramona felt the love that her Bucky was giving off and couldn't feel more happy and love then at this moment, closing her eyes and giving him puppy kisses trying to give back the love she was feeling and then some. Both didn't realize that Mrs. Barnes was watching her son with a small smile on her face, at the cute scene of watching a boy and his dog.

 Barnes was watching her son with a small smile on her face, at the cute scene of watching a boy and his dog