19

Tori

"So where exactly is Stiles? And Scott? And Allison?" Lydia asked, realizing all of our friends were miraculously missing on the same day.

"Well, Scott and Allison are talking to Gerard and Stiles is with...Cora." I muttered, clenching my jaw. Lydia raised her eyebrows and nodded her head slowly.

"Cora?" She asked lowly. "Are you ok with that?"

"I'm fine, I just don't want to talk about it right now." I sighed, shoving my books in my locker and slamming it closed a lot harder than expected. I blushed as people gave me weird looks in the hallway after the extremely loud sound.

"Uh oh, am I missing something?" Lydia asked, she had an almost accusatory tone as she walked alongside me outside. We were on our way to lunch where we would be sitting completely alone today.

"It's just- we've been fighting a lot lately. He's been distant as hell and now Cora comes in and he's practically giving her heart eyes every time she's in the room. Maybe some space is needed." I sighed.

"Maybe. Or maybe you need to tell him how you feel and work things out like mature people" She shrugged, eyeing me and gauging my reaction. I glared lightly at her but I knew she was right.

"Yeah I guess your right." I sighed. "It's been two days since everything happened, so you think Derek's coming back?" I asked lowly, changing the topic.

"I don't know, you think that's what Stiles is doing with Cora? Trying to figure out why Derek is MIA and when he's coming back."

"That's exactly why he's there. Still don't like him alone with her but it's whatever." I huffed, Resting my head on my hands as the only thing going through my head was the thought of Stiles and Cora.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tori? Tori wake up. Come with me" My eyes fluttered open to see Lydia looking at me with a worried look. "Do you feel it?"

As soon as she said those words my head began to spin. I saw flashes of blood and the Beacon Hills High School sign in my mind. My stomach turned making me shoot up in bed. "The high school" I muttered. I clambered out of bed and threw on Stiles' hoodie over my tank top and Nike Pros that I wore to bed. I shoved my fuzzy sock clad feet into some slip on uggs and followed Lydia outside. We hopped in her car and she sped off towards the school.

"I'm calling Stiles" I told her.

"I already told Scott and Allison."

I dialed up Stiles' number and nervously gripped onto my exposed leg tightly. "Come on, come on, come on..."

"Hello" he answered in a much deeper voice than normal. I guess he had just woken up.

"Stiles" I whimpered as the pain in my head intensified and the nausea got worse.

"Tori? What's wrong babe?" He sounded much more awake now and very concerned.

"Me and Lydia are at the school, you told us to call you..." I trailed off, not wanting to speak the possibility into existence.

"Oh damn..." he muttered. "I'm getting on shoes now I'll be there in a minute." He hung up the phone just in time as we pulled up to the school. We walked out of the car, Lydia beginning to slowly pull me around the school, trying to spot anything that would lead to the body.

"Lydia I don't want to find it this time. I've been around too much death lately."

"Neither do I, we're waiting for them to get here." Lydia huffed, wrapping her navy sweater tighter around her body. "By the way, Stiles' hoodie?" She smirked, trying to make light of the situation at hand.

"It's comforting. I know things are rough but he's still the literal love of my freaking life ok" I sighed.

"That's sweet" She stated. I nodded, focusing on trying to get rid of the massive pain in my body.

"Lydia? Victoria?" We heard. We walked over to greet Allison who ran over and hugged us both tightly. "Are you guys ok?"

"For now" Lydia exclaimed. "Tori how do you feel?"

"Like I was hit by a truck" I winced, reaching up to cover my ears as the whispers and loud ringing started. "We've got to be close to it."

"Where are they?" We heard from around the corner. Stiles.

"Over here" Allison called as she walked us over to the two boys. Stiles immediately ran up to me, seeing my clearly distressed and pained expression.

"Tori" He sighed, pulling me into his chest. "Your shivering babe" He whispered softly. "And you've got my hoodie on." He chuckled. I smiled but recoiled as the symptoms intensified.

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. We just somehow ended up here. And Tori says she thinks we're close since she's feeling worse."

"Very worse" I nodded. "You told us to call you if we found a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked with wide eyes.

"Not yet" Lydia told them.

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet? Your supposed to call me after you find the dead body." Stiles scoffed.

"Oh no we are not doing that again" I explained as my symptoms began to calm down the more I forced them away. That's a step in the right direction at least.

"Yeah, you guys find the dead body from now on." Lydia crossed her arms over her chest.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You guys are always the ones to find the dead bodies." Stiles groaned in annoyance.

"Guys," Scott cut off our bickering. "I found the dead body."

~~~~~~~~~~

I finished gathering my things for English and shoved my jacket into my locker before slamming the door shut. I smoothed out the skirt of my tight, plaid dress and walked into the room late for class. I was busy trying to get the stupid coffee stain out of my jacket when I freshmen bumped into me on my way to my locker. "Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes. All things a writer uses to tell a story." Ms. Blake paused at the sound of my black heels clicked against the ground.  "Ms. Martin, your rather late."

"I noticed" I flashed a fake smile and slammed my books down at my desk and slid in crossing my legs and leaning back.

"Lydia," she started, gaining my attention. I turned around to see her looking at her drawing on her notebook. "I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy ive ever dated" she spoke sarcastically. I grinned and laughed at her words, feeling better already.

"Oh, um, we'll that was an idiom by the way." She coughed awkwardly. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board'".

"Like chess" I heard Stiles speak up from behind me. I turned around and he met my eye. I offered a small smile before turning back around.

"Thats right Stiles. Do you play?" Ms. Blake asked.

"My father does." He explained. She nodded her head and began to continue on with her lesson.

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?"