21: The Continuation Of The Book

Start from the beginning

Oh, I'm loving this.

"What did I miss?" Hans suddenly said from my side and took another pizza.

"Why are you always late for everything, Hans?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"Mia! You've got to listen to this." Casper barged in with the book in his hands. He looked shocked to find the important people gathered here again. I even saw Lance grabbing milk from the fridge. Casper was fidgeting, unsure if he wanted to tell me.

"What is it, Cas? Have you found something?" I asked referring to the book in his hand.

"Yeah...I read most of the pages of this book and I only have a few pages left-" He suddenly stopped talking and looked at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry for reading it without your permission. It's just that I don't know what would happen. I was planning to memorize it before they could find me and steal the book." He told me and I was surprised by it.

"Memorize it? Can you do that by only reading it once?" I asked.

"Well, I wasn't really going to memorize everything. I'm only going to understand the whole content of the book by memorizing the important parts. Memorizing every word here is impossible for me to do yet by reading it only once." He said. It sounded like bragging but he looks too innocent for it.

"But it's possible." I said and smiled to which he returned a shy smile. I looked at him proudly but then I looked at Hans with disappointment.

"What? He's on the intelligent side of the genes." He defended and I shook my head in more disappointment.

"Anyways, It's a story about Adaya and I found something interesting." he said. This piqued my interest and I shoved Hans out of the chair and I patted it for Casper to sit.

"Sure, Hans. Why don't you just go sit anywhere 'cause the kid is gonna sit." Hans mumbled and went to Ven's side. Casper sat beside me and gave me the book.

"According to this, Archangel Michael has fire angels or Phoenix angels which were his soldiers. They were elegant and held ethereal beauty. They were also emotionless beings whose only purpose was to become living destructive weapons. The ten generals, which were Michael's direct subordinates, each have a unique gift that the ten of them only have apart from the rest. Adaya, the youngest of them all has the gift of clairvoyance. It means that she can communicate with the dead and see the future and she has foreseen the betrayal of her brother Aviel." Casper explained.

"Hold on a second, angels? Those damn rogues wanted to start a war because of some book about angels?" Hans interrupted. Casper and I nod our heads in agreement. "Aren't they like myths or something?"

"No, they're not. They exist as much as a vampire, witch or werewolf does but they are only a few in number who came to earth compared to us and they can easily blend in with the humans for their scent is quite similar." I explained to them. The look on their faces tells me that they don't believe me so I rolled my eyes. Cassius looked at me intently like a difficult puzzle he was trying to solve.

"Just continue, Cas." I said to Casper who looked at each of them for approval and they nod their heads.

"It was said here that when you kill the angel who has the gift, that gift will automatically become yours so he killed his siblings, except for some who are powerful and Adaya who was under the protection of Michael. Adaya did warn her siblings, yet some were still killed by Aviel." I already know this part. It's a sad fate they had.

"Aviel has grown more powerful after killing his kind and went to kill the first and the second and Adaya. The first and the second gave their powers to Adaya but their powers cannot be transferred. Azarel's gift was life itself, it was a curse and a blessing at the same time, so if he transfer his gift, he would die. As for Abdiel since death is his gift, then the only way for the gift to be transferred is by killing him. They persuaded Adaya to kill them in order receive their gift but she doesn't want to. Michael has no choice but to order her so Adaya had no choice but to kill her two brothers and went into hiding with the help of Michael and Hazrah Winderwald." My head snapped in his direction when he mentioned Winderwald. I didn't know Winderwald helped her but then I remembered the author of the book. The other author must be Adaya.

"Adaya lived in the human world but before she went there, she was already with a child. The child was hers but the father is unknown. It's impossible for angels to get pregnant but Adaya managed to do so. It wasn't said here how she became pregnant but it's truly her daughter. That child gained the powers of a phoenix angel and Adaya's gift. Michael knew about the child due to the prophecy and the danger she will face so Hazrah, Adaya, and Michael had no choice but to put the child in deep slumber and seal her to a place where she can't be found. They will only wake her up when the time is right." This is so confusing. How come there are no records of her father and how Adaya can conceive a child? And how many centuries have they let her sleep?

"Is the child still alive? And what's her name?" I asked him. I was intrigued by all of this and I can see that the guys are as well. Even Lance stayed and paid attention.

"That's the interesting part. You see, while I was reading, there are pages missing. The part where Winderwald met Adaya and the last page of her story which her daughter's name was probably written." he said and I took the book from him. I scanned the pages and saw that a few were torn. Now that is really weird.

"Also just before Winderwald and Adaya's meeting, there was a mention of a prophecy but it was also torn." Casper added and showed me where it was. It did mention a prophecy in the last part of the sentence but then the next page was missing.

I was busy skimming the pages when Lance suddenly tensed and dropped his glass of milk. "Your majesty, an army of rogues have infiltrated our borders."

Great, just great.