32: An Anticlimactic Experience

Amelia

As Cassius entered the room, he immediately embraced me tightly. I can hear his heart beating like crazy. I can also feel how scared and relieved he was.

"Thank goddess you're safe." He said with his voice almost inaudible. I returned the hug and rubbed his back soothingly to calm him down.

"I guess luck is still on my side. That girl is not our enemy." I said and we stayed hugging in place for a few minutes before I pulled slowly away from his hug to look at his face.

I wanna laugh at what he looks like right now. He looks so adorable with his face flushed and hair disheveled. He must have run seeing as there are leaves sticking on his hair.

"Cassius, did you run all the way here?" I asked him as I picked up the leaves from his hair and threw it away.

"After Lance contacted me about an intruder the communications were suddenly cut off. My feet just moved on their own and ran before I could think." He said and hugged me again while inhaling my scent. Is it just me or Cassius has become clingier than usual?

"Cassius, did you just run twenty miles to get here?" Venus said with a face full of surprise. My eyes suddenly widened at what Venus said. He ran twenty miles and it hadn't been thirty minutes since Lance became unconscious.

"Your majesty! You shouldn't have run so suddenly." Zeyd said while he and Hansel entered the library.

"It's been quite a long time since I've seen him run like that. He's like a freaking train." Hansel said.

"Did you guys also run?" I asked them.

"Of course not. It would take us more than thirty minutes to get here if we ran. We drove and almost caused an accident by how fast we were." Hansel said.

"We really thought something bad would happen to you seeing as Lance was panicking while contacting us." Zeyd said after he went to Venus' side. The look of relief in his eyes can be seen after seeing Venus was unharmed.

"The intruder was that little girl who killed Felicity. She came here to warn me about...the future." I told them without giving them much detail about it.

"Warn you? Didn't we only talk about faeries? I didn't hear any warnings though." Venus said. If she didn't hear anything about the prophecy then Naenia must have blocked Venus when she told me about the prophecy.

"Oh...I must have heard it wrong." I said awkwardly.

Anyways, when is this guy going to stop hugging me?

I mean, it's quite good but the thing is, everyone is already gathered here. Based on their expressions, it doesn't look like they'll mind. But someone who's a bit conservative and has no dating experience would feel embarrassed. Someone like me.

"Err, Cassius? Why don't you rest for a bit? You're probably tired since you ran like twenty miles to get here." I said as I cupped his face with my hands. He then looked- well, glared at the rest and sent them signals.

"Well then, I think we should go?" Venus was the first one to get the signal in a mere second. She nudged at Zeyd who was processing the look Cassius gave them.

"Huh? Well, okay...Let's go Hans." Zeyd said and dragged Hansel out. I don't know if he got the signal but when it comes to going out, he made it feel like they are a set. If Zeyd goes out, Hansel will also go out and if Hansel goes out, Zeyd will follow as well.

"Now that they're gone, you should go and take a rest in your room." I said to him.

I thought he was going to go out as well but he surprised me by lifting me up and carrying me bridal style. He put me down on a huge sofa which I never knew existed. It was surrounded by shelves like a secret space.