39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

Amelia

We danced to one more song before I decided to stop since dancing was not for me. And I felt sorry standing on Cassius' feet the whole time. I mean, I'm not heavy but I'm not light as well.

"Close your eyes for me." He said as I stepped down from his feet.

"Hm? What is it?" I asked curious.

"It's a surprise so can you close your eyes please?" He asked politely. I chuckled a little but followed him anyway. While I was closing my eyes, I felt something cold on my neck.

"You can open your eyes now." he whispered in my ear.

I opened my eyes and I was surprised at what I saw. Wrapped around my neck was a very beautiful necklace. The gem was a beautiful darker red. It wasn't like any other or what you call a normal one. If you look at it closely, there are like a thousand glitters swirling.

"C-Cassius, this is extremely beautiful. What is it?" I asked him and looked at it again.

"It's the last tear of the first mermaid queen given to my ancestors before she died. It's one of my family's heirlooms." he said and that made my blood run cold and my legs weaken. I almost fell but Cassius caught me.

"W-w-wait. No! This- you shouldn't give me something super precious. This is like a national treasure and extremely rare since there were only two of its kind. I cannot keep this, no way. I'm-" I was ranting but was stopped by a kiss from Cassius.

"Amelia, my love, you are far more precious to me than anything in the whole world. Even my life." he said it with utmost sincerity.

How can I not fall for this guy?

"Thanks. I'll keep this safe." I said while averting his gaze and rubbing the back of my neck. Everything feels so hot right now. He tilted my head so I was looking straight into his eyes. He's got this cheeky grin like he knew what I'm feeling right now and it's annoying.

"Are you being shy right now, my love?" he asked while smiling brightly and my already red face grew even more brightly.

"T-that! No, I'm not-" I tried to deny it and this guy only laughed. Clearly, he's enjoying my demise.

After he laughed so heartedly, he suddenly became serious. His eyes were clouded, so someone must have contacted him. I waited for him to finish and then he sighed heavily.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked worried. He looked at me while pouting. He then pulled me into a hug and leaned his head on the crook of my neck.

"The Faerie King wants to meet you." he mumbled sounding irritated. My eyes widened at what he said.

"T-the Faerie King? Why would they want to see me?" I asked.

Did I do something wrong?

"I told you remember? Earlier with the sprites. They seem to love you very much. The king was eager to meet you the moment you stumbled upon my territory but I rejected them countless times and now they are threatening me." he said feeling a bit angry.

"I think meeting them won't be that bad. Maybe they're just curious about me." I said and he shook his head.

"They are not just curious, they are obsessed with you. A faerie's mentality is like that of a child. If they find a very interesting toy, they will not stop until they have it. The only one who's mature is the King but is still very much interested in you. If I'm not looking, they might kidnap you and never let you go." He said and I was baffled. So it's that bad.