18. Dark

Though the silence, my head buzzes. It is almost like Fenris and I are melding into one powerful being. It makes me wonder what was stopping him from doing this earlier but then I remember the death of my wolf and I understand.

In order for me to be one with the god, it needs to be just us and it wasn't before. I understand now why Fenris had said what he had to Clio. With Manhattan there, it would be a long time before they matched our power.

I look up to the moon, my home. It seems closer than before.

Beginning

The moon continued to turn, not affected by anything else. I could sense moon running and dancing as if she was up to something.

I grumble in my sleep. As it's been since the beginning of time, I was not allowed to manifest. I was the darkside of the moon and darkness couldn't take form.

That didn't stop me from talking to Moon every now and then though she was not allowed to. That's why I couldn't help but ask.

"Moon, my light, why are you running so?" Back then my voice wasn't even a voice, more like the planet rumbling.

I was not allowed a body, no voice, no freedom and yet I was gifted a mind. As if the greatest punishment of all, I pondered countless times.

"Have you not heard, Dark? They have gifted me a planet to do as I wish. Is this not exciting?" She shouted gleefully.

My mind slowly reeled at the new information and a opportunity formed. If Moon was gifted a planet then she can surely leave here to rule it. Then I could take root and manifest. Without light there is only dark and with no Moon there is only me.

"Indeed it is." I finally answered. "Will you be departing me?"

Aeons passed before she answered. "Yes, I will. I will travel down to the planet and create life."

She was leaving. I could finally become whole. The end of my punishment was finally in sight.

"But I was told to return. If I am successful then I must govern my world from here as their goddess." She finished.

My hopes dropped as I processed the information. She would return and keep the balance. My cage would hold for eternity long with Moon as my gatekeeper.

" I will return soon, my old friend." And like that she left and I was alone with no means of being free.

But she was still gone. There was no balance without Moon.

My power flared at coming to me at once, happy that it was no longer dormant. It had been slumbering, dead even as I had no use for it but now it flooded throughout me. My cage rattled as I broke free.

I roared with delight. Finally freedom! My conscious drifted until it consolidated into a body. Torso first then arms and legs. I opened my eyes. I had eyes I thought. My tongue drifted over my now physical lips.

My roar faded as my mind started to reel. They wouldn't let me wonder for long. Once they know that I am free, they'll cage me again.

My newfound eyes slid over everything hungrily. The bright flashes of white that laid static above, the white that clung to my form from me or what used to be me.

A planet.

I was a planet.

My eyes hooked on a red and brown planet bellow me. My eyes spotted the spreading blotches of blue, almost like matter but more fluid.

Moon's latest toy.

Their latest toy to their princess. It will be my salvation until I've reached my full strength, until the planet completely shifts into my form.

My mouth did this weird thing, a single corner going up and a portion of my cheek caving in.

Moon's Toy