3. Omega

I stood, my mind blank for a few seconds until Lance appeared next to me.

"Are you alright, my lady?" He asked, his voice laced with concern but I didn't hear him. I kneeled down and touched the footprints.

Something told me that my mate is connected to this rogue.

"Tell me the story about this rogue you've been hunting, general." He too looked down and noticed the footprints for the first time.

"They say he came from a typical sized pack from where, we're not entirely sure. They are not even certain what his name is. Mason or Adrian or Michael? But the story is very consistent. He was an Omega that ended up in a battle with his alpha."

Ah, typical. Omega were the lowest rank in the Werewolf hierarchy. Best case scenario, they are the comedians of the pack and have to be tolerated. Worst case scenario (which is often the case), the Omega is treated as a slave. Beaten and abused till the point they commit suicide or fight in which case they die anyways. It is not uncommon for an Omega to die by the hands of his superiors. Even alphas fall into this statistic.

"So the Omega ran away from the pack before he could fight and became a rogue?" I guessed but that didn't seem to be the case.

"For whatever reason, the Omega fought the alpha and won. Only then did he run away." Lance corrected me. I rose and looked at him in disbelief. He nodded as if the story was hard to believe.

"But that is impossible. If he fought the Alpha and somehow won, then he should've gained the powers of an alpha." I tried to reason. Lance shook his head before shouting at his warriors to secure the rogues.

"It apparently is possible. Apparently this Omega won in a landslide, killing his alpha. For some reason he didn't gain the powers of one and when the other pack members realized this, they kicked him out."

This was indeed an peculiar case. Such things have never been heard of. Omegas defeating alphas? Alphas not becoming alphas?

" As interesting and farfetched that story is, why are you hunting him?" I questioned.

"Well, the pack which is called The Druids..." I rolled my eyes. Very original pack name. "... tried to keep the story under wraps but of course it got out. Rogues started paying attention to him, labeling him after a legend called the Rogue God. The story goes like this: every couple of centuries or so a werewolf appears to challenge the upper ranks. More than likely, it is because of something the higher ranks have done or about to do. The rogues see this werewolf as a god because all that wolf does is tear down the higher ranks. The perfect rogue. The Rogue God." He concluded his story.

Though I didn't show it, I was quite shocked. This seemed to be the point which Moon Goddess was talking about. But I thought finding my mate would result in less pain?

I looked around trying to depict which way my mate went. It was nearly impossible. Just like before, I couldn't catch a scent.

Only one thing was certain, my mate was the Rogue God.

~~~

When I arrived back at the palace, I ordered Linguine around.

"Get me every single book on the legends of rogues. William!" I shouted for my other advisor. "Get me all the reports of all my generals. I want everything within the next thirty minutes."

"Yes ma'am." They both said before disappearing.

I didn't have woman advisors because I liked to control men and see how they like. That being said, most of the generals were female by their choice and even one of my advisors too.

On the way back, I realized that I haven't been keeping a close eye on my generals. I needed to be up to date and fast. Also I needed to research this legend that has become my mate.

I retired to the first floor, again at sunset.

I stared at the sunset, waiting for my documents.

All I could do was wonder if my mate was the thing that would make my future so terrible, if moon goddess was talking about him.

Where was he now?

What was he doing now?

My mate...

He was already mine even before I met him and my prejudice to mates vanished.