8. Daddy's Queen

After ordering the border control around, I decided to shut down the walls. The kingdom would have to manage a few hours without guards especially guards who make trouble.

It would take a few hours for everyone to assemble in the hall. Even werewolves are slow for creatures with superspeed. So instead of waiting for them, I decided to visit my father.

Like I said, when my mother died he lost himself but he was still my father. He had to figure out the meaning of his life so as a courtesy to him, I built him a house on the furthest west point of the palace grounds. I figured it would a safe environment for him.

I stationed guards around the house and made sure to visit twice a week. But other than that, I left him to it.

But I needed him now. The business with my mate and troubles with the generals and guards were getting out of hand. I needed somebody to lean on. So while Manhattan was  in control, I asked her to run to the west end.

The simple cottage was hidden between the hills. It's wraparound porch unusually empty. Manhattan jumped straight on the porch and we shifted. Unlike most werewolves, I had a blouse so when I shifted it was under my fur and when I shifted back to my human form, I was back in a blouse. Unfortunately that was all I had on.

I bet you he would enjoy this sight.

I shook those thoughts away. The Rogue God had swept me away. His wolf was still plastered in my mind. That shade of brown that matched the surrounding trees, those night filled eyes and jagged three scars down his side. I had a feeling that was not from the alpha he dethroned.

My keen senses told me someone was cooking.

"Dad? What you cooking?" I asked, my fingers playing with the hem of my blouse.

Dad stuck his head out of the kitchen into the hall. Joseph Thalatte was the definition of a ladies man. With his salt and pepper hair and bronze completion, he definitely stood out in the crowd. Always glowing. How many females would love to see him if he would leave this house?

"Hey, my baby girl came to see me early. Wait, you came to see me early? What happened?" He asked with a frown on his face. That's my father, he always could pick up on my moods.

"Just...a lot." I admitted. He was making my favourite: Spaghetti with ham and bacon pieces.

"Sit and tell me everything while I dish." He headed back into the kitchen and appeared a few seconds later with a steaming bowl.

As I dug in I told him everything: the injusice served by the guards and the generals and how they were cutting corners. He didn't seem surprised but then again, he faced his share of hardships as king.

"There appears to be more on your mind, Clio. Tell your father." He erged me and I caved.

"I met...my mate." His eyes widened. " And it's as if we're on different ends that we can't be together."

He considered this and then answered. "When I met your mother, she flat out rejected me. Her family was my greatest enemy but they were very silent. They opposed everything my family did. I think it started because they hated the higher ranks."

So that's where I got it from only with me, it was reversed. I hated the lower orders for that same reason. Like mom's family, they caused trouble and mayhem for the higher ups.

"But of course she couldn't resist the bond and once she got to know me, we mated. Her family was against it but the bond was stronger. The Moon goddess is stronger. If she wants this bond, nothing will stop it from happening. " He concluded.

After three more plates, I said my goodbyes. I had troops to bear on and a kingdom to talk down. They were on edge when the Rogue God's roar echoed in the valley. Who wouldn't be?

My father borrowed me some pants and I took a quick jog back to the palace. Even before I got there I could see the masses on the grounds. Thankfully, I had a back door for situations like these.

I quickly threw a grey tank top just to hide myself since the blouse was... well see-through, and headed to face my people.

As soon as I stepped out, the hundreds of guest that the palace held quieted down. Children, parents and unmated werewolves looked at me. Manhattan was ready to lead her people.

"My wolves, it is at a time like this-" I halted as the entire crowd vanished. My eyes widened when a wolfish grin appeared in the middle of the sky accompanied by two unnatural blue eyes.

Two familiar, unnatural blue eyes.

I whispered. "Rogue God."

"Queen Clio. It is a pleasure."