The Dinner

Rachel POV

It was bittersweet seeing Finn. Part of me wanted to run up to him and just hold him and the other part well just acted like everything is okay. But the truth is that I miss him every day. These past weeks have been depressing and hard. Although I have Puck with me and I appreciated everything he has done for me lately, in the back of my mind I can't let Finn go. Maybe I was wrong telling him to stay away from me. That was the last thing I wanted him to do. But I felt like it was the right thing to do at the time. I was so wrong.

And now he has 2 babies with my enemy and best friend. And getting married. He is getting MARRIED!! Of all things that one thing I never wanted him to do except with me. I have really lost him now. I have lost and Quinn won. She has won as she has always had. I'm not sure if this dinner or whatever it is, is a good idea. I don't think I can bear hearing about his new family.

"Hey, you have something fancy you can wear? Everything you wear is beautiful but Idk what to wear to those places." Puck asks parking in his driveway. 

I nod and we go inside and get ready. I can't find anything to wear so after Puck gets ready I tell him to drop me off at a dress shop nearby and I'll meet them there. He leaves and I go to the shop. I search as quickly as I can until I see one that grabs my attention. I grab it and pay for it. The lady lets me change into it and I make my way to the restaurant. I see them standing near a fence and I take a deep breath and make my way to them.

As I get near them Finn looks at me and I can see he is surprised

As I get near them Finn looks at me and I can see he is surprised. Puck looks at what he is looking at and gets the same look. I stand in front of them and put a hand on him while trying not to smile. "Aren't you gonna tell me how pretty I look?"

They both are quiet until Puck hugs me and tells me I always look beautiful. Finn stays quiet but I can see he is checking me out and clears his throat. "We should go get a table." He says and walks and opens the door and Puck holds the door for me and we go inside.

After we get a table its quiet at first until Puck starts talking to Finn. Throughout the dinner, Finn doesn't talk to me but I keep catching him staring at me. He tries to play it off but he is staring at me the whole time. Maybe this dress is too much? I try to mind my own business and they are just talking about guy stuff. Puck suddenly has to go to the bathroom and Finn and I stay alone. "The food is good," I say and a half smile. "Yeah, I always see this place but never got the courage to come in. I'm glad you liked it. " we stay quiet for a bit again. "How are you doing?" I ask. He shrugs and takes a drink. "I'm alright I guess. Just been working none stop. Got a little sick but I seem to be okay now. Just have to take it easy for a few days." "I hope you get better soon. You need your strength now for the babies." I fake smile. He looks at me and slightly nods " we don't have to talk about them. Doesn't concern you." He says seriously. " noted," I say looking down a little hurt. It's quiet again. "I didn't mean it like that I just didn't want it to be awkward or tension. I know you're just being nice but you don't have to ask. I'm sorry." He looks at me seriously.  I just fake smile and eat my food. "So how are you? Idk if it's appropriate to say but you look good. Well, actually you look amazingly beautiful. I really like your dress." He looks at my chest while he says that. "Thank you I just found it before getting here. I have been ok just managing with everything." I push my food out the way. "What's wrong?" He asks. Just as I was going to tell him that I miss him Puck comes back and they go back to talking. Maybe I should keep it to myself. He seems happy.