Eight

Ainslee ran to find Cal. She hoped that Autumn was with him. She was scared and needed to know that he had their daughter. She eventually found him with Ethan. But he didn't have Autumn.

Ainslee grabbed him. "Tell me you took her back to the crèche."

Cal frowned and looked at her. "Who?"

"Autumn. Someone took her from the crèche and I assumed it was you," Ainslee said.

Cal sighed. "Maybe Iain took her for a walk?" He suggested. He was worrying about his little girl.

Ainslee shook her head. "No. He's on a call out. Jesy hasn't been near the crèche. Cal, someone has taken her!" She yelled.

***
Iain rushed back to the ED when he heard from Ainslee what had happened. He was going to kill whoever took Autumn. He knew how worried Ainslee was going to be.

The whole ED was on lockdown. No one was allowed to leave as a direct order from Hansen. Security was trolling the whole hospital.

Iain ran in and saw Ainslee. She was sitting on the floor holding Autumn's coat. Iain held her close as she cried. "S-Someone took her. My baby," she sobbed.

"We'll find her. I promise you that now baby."

Ainslee sobbed uncontrollably in Iain's arms. Iain felt useless not being able to do anything to help his girlfriend. He looked up at Cal who looked close to tears too. Jesy held him close. "We'll find her. I know we will."

***
The police were now doing a TV appeal. Autumn was nowhere to be found in the hospital. Ainslee had the feeling she wasn't going to see her daughter again. It was breaking her.

Iain held her close to him. He hadn't let her go at all. He knew how broken she was.

***
Cal had gotten a text on his phone. He paled when he saw it was Taylor:

Meet me now and you can have your daughter back - Taylor.

Cal realised he needed to go. He went to Ainslee who was staring ahead. "Ainslee?"

"What?"

Cal showed Ainslee the text. She frowned and looked at him. "Her?! That cheap con artist slut took my baby?! Why?"

"I don't know. I really don't."

Ainslee stood up and gave him the phone. "Go. Go and bring back our daughter."

***
Cal arrived at the park. He saw Taylor holding a crying Autumn. Taylor was holding her the wrong way. He knew Autumn didn't like to be bounced.

Cal walked over and sighed. "Why did you do it Taylor? Why would you take her?" He asked.

"I needed to see you and I knew that taking her would be the only way," Taylor replied.

Cal sighed. "My ex is going out her mind. She wants her back. You can't just take a baby," he told her.

"Where's my baby gone? I want to see her," Taylor said. She looked down at Autumn. "We could have raised her together."

"I'm in love with someone. We're happy too. Just give her to me and you won't get into any trouble with the police."

Taylor looked at him and shook her head. "No. You took my baby. I'll take yours."

***
Ainslee arrived at the park. She wanted her daughter back and nothing was going to stop her. Iain and Jesy followed behind. "Keep calm babe."

"I'm going to kill her!" Ainslee yelled as she stormed over.

Cal and Taylor looked up as Ainslee stormed over. "You sick cow!" She yelled.

"Who did you tell that you were here?" Taylor asked as she took something out her pocket. It was a knife.

Cal frowned. "No one. Just please. Give her back."

Ainslee looked at Taylor. She grabbed Autumn and gave her to Cal. "Get her out of here," she said. She looked at Taylor. "I'll stay with this bitch until the police come."

All of a sudden, Taylor went for Ainslee. The two of them fell to the floor. Ainslee tried to get Taylor off of her but she felt something stab into her side.

***
The police arrived and took Taylor. Iain was looking for Ainslee. He smiled when he saw her but she was holding her side. He walked over to her but as soon as he got close, she fell to the floor.

It was then that Iain saw the blood. He paled and held his hand to her side. "We need some help here!" He yelled.

Cal handed Autumn to Jesy. He ran over and saw that Ainslee had been stabbed. Iain pulled Cal back to reality. "We need to stem the bleed. Back ups on the way."

Ainslee felt herself growing weak. She held Iain's hand. "S-So cold," she mumbled.

"Shh it's okay. It's going to be okay. I won't let you die," Iain said as he kept his hand covering the wound.

But was it too late to save her?