Seven

Cal had been stepping up into the role of father quite well. Ainslee was shocked to see how well he was doing. Autumn was clearly a daddy's girl. The little adored Iain too.

When morning came, Ainslee woke in bed with Iain. Autumn was asleep in the middle of them. Ainslee kissed her head and lifted her. Iain woke up when he felt the movement. "Morning."

"Morning. Sleep okay?" Iain asked as he sat up. He tickled Autumn's chin. "Ew. Baby drool."

***
Ainslee and Iain went through to the living room. Autumn was crawling around. Ainslee couldn't believe how fast her baby girl was growing. She loved it.

Iain scooped up Autumn and put her in the high chair. Ainslee smiled. "Thanks babe. Don't suppose you wanna feed her while I make you a fry up?"

Iain smirked and nodded. "I'd do anything for some bacon," he told her.

Ainslee rolled her eyes but gave Iain the jar of baby food. Iain took the lid off and looked at Autumn's wide eyes. "Yeah. This don't look nice does it girly. Mummy's being mean and making you eat it."

Ainslee looked over at Iain. "Don't you corrupt my midget Iain. She has to suffer all the mushy stuff till she's old enough to eat what we eat," she said.

***
Iain drove Ainslee into work with Autumn. Cal was waiting. Iain opened the window. "Alright pal?"

"Yeah. How's she?"

Ainslee smiled. "Get her out if you want."

Cal took Autumn from the car and held her close. He kissed her head. "Daddy has missed you so much."

Ainslee grinned. "If you want, you can start having her overnight? We have a travel cot you can use," she said.

Cal nodded. "I'd love that. If it's okay with you both."

"Course Cal. She's your daughter," Iain said as he handed Ainslee the changing bag.

***
Ainslee looked at Alicia as she walked in. "Look, were sisters. We shouldn't let any man come between us," Alicia said.

Ainslee shook her head. "No. You knew how I felt about Cal. You knew he was my chance at finding love again. But you had to ruin it," she told her.

Alicia sighed. "Ainslee it's not like I jumped him for sex. He wanted it too."

Ainslee scoffed. "Just stay away from me. I don't want or need you in my life. You ruined Autumn's family before she was even born."

***
Cal and Iain were talking in the ambulance bay. Iain smiled. "You're an okay dad you know. Just don't knock my sister up or else I'll have to hunt you down."

Cal laughed. "I won't."

"Good. Jesy does like you. An awful lot."

***
Ainslee walked into the crèche to check on Autumn. She frowned when she couldn't see her. "Where's Autumn?"

"Oh. Someone took her for a walk. Good job if you ask me. She wouldn't stop crying."

"Who?"

"Some woman. She said she was trained in child care and I needed the help."

Ainslee realised what had happened. Someone had taken her daughter. But who would?