Five

Ainslee woke with Iain next to her. Autumn was lying fast asleep on his chest. Ainslee smiled and took a quick picture. She loved both her daughter and boyfriend.

Ainslee quickly got out of bed. She grabbed her dressing gown and walked through to the living room. Alicia was living with her. Which meant Cal stayed over a lot of the time.

Ainslee walked into the kitchen to see Alicia and Cal. Iain walked in behind her with Autumn. Cal had a look of pride on his face. "How's things?" Cal asked.

Ainslee took Autumn from Iain and laid her in the Moses basket. Iain smiled. "Is she alright babe?"

"Yeah. She's sleeping. Which is good considering the amount of disrespectful people around," Ainslee said.

***
Iain, Cal and Alicia had gone into work. Ainslee sat with Autumn. She stroked her blonde hair. "Mummy loves you so much baby. Your real daddy does too. He just doesn't want to get hurt."

Ainslee was getting bored so she decided to go into the ED. Charlie and Duffy wanted to see Autumn. She got her little girl dressed and walked down to her car.

***
When she arrived at the ED, she walked over to the paramedic station. Iain was standing with a girl. She knew it was his sister. "Hey."

Iain smiled widely. "Hiya. How's little miss sleepy?" He asked.

Ainslee smiled. "Sleeping. Like always. This must be Jesy?"

The girl nodded. "That's me. I'm his little sister. This is my little niece right?"

Iain laughed. "Well, she's not my daughter but I'm raising her as my own so I guess you're right."

Jesy grinned and looked at Autumn. "She's so bloody cute. Who's her father if you don't mind me asking?"

Ainslee sighed. "His name is Caleb Knight. He's registrar here, "

Ainslee looked at Jesy and saw the colour drain from her face. Iain didn't. "Iain, can you take Autumn for a moment? Your sissy and me are going to get a coffee."

***
Ainslee and Jesy went to get some coffee. Ainslee smiled. "You and Cal huh?"

"Yeah. I hope you're not mad."

Ainslee shook her head. "Course I'm not. Just be careful around him. He can make you feel like the most loved person on planet earth but if he cheats, you've lost him," she said.

Jesy smiled. "He won't cheat on me. I'll rip his penis off."

Ainslee burst out laughing. She hugged Jesy. "You're awesome. A lot better than Iain."

"Why thank you."

***
Iain took Autumn inside. Immediately, Duffy walked over and took her. "Hello gorgeous girl."

Iain grinned. "Charlie mate, I think you have competition. She's been taken by Duffy."

Charlie walked over and smiled. Autumn blinked her eyes. She had a little smile. Iain laughed. "She likes you. She only smiles for Ains."

***
Ainslee and Jesy went to find Iain. They saw him with Charlie and Duffy. "How's it going?" Charlie asked.

Ainslee smiled. "It's good. I can't wait to come back."

Ainslee saw Cal walking past. She couldn't help but wish she had him involved with their daughter. She was happy with Iain. Wasn't she?