37- Big

" When will we be coming back?" Evan asked as he took a seat behind Zaine, he placed his hands over Zaine's shoulders for support.

" Um by seven," Zaine answered.

" Okay," Evan replied. Evan wanted to ask whether he could visit the other's house but decided against it.

" Would you like to come to my home for dinner? My mom really wants to meet you." Zaine asked as he started the ignition.

" It depends," Evan said playfully.

" On?"

" Will I be able to see your childhood pictures, captain?"

" I am pretty sure my mom would be more than happy to show you how cute I looked," Zaine answered with a chuckle.
" Most of the pictures of me have me smiling full-on even though I had no teeth."

" Aw!" Evan cooed as he visualized a cute baby Zaine with no front teeth. " Now I am really excited."

||||

" Wow! It's so big." Evan stated amused by how big the stadium is.

" How did you know?" Zaine asked with a smirk as he walked forward.

" I was talking about the stadium." Evan retorts." Small bitch." Evan commented under his breath.

" We will see sweet cheeks." Zaine singsonged as continued walking.

" Okay, so like can I take pictures?" Evan asked as he matched Zaine's strides.

" Of course you can, though I would recommend taking pictures at like six-thirty, they put on the lights and it's more beautiful," Zaine advised as he slowed down so that he could walk with Evan.

Evan nodded in agreement, as he looked around. Zaine smiled as he saw Evan, he looked like a child being introduced to something new.

" You can walk around the stadium I will be back in ten," Zaine stated as he walked towards the office.

Evan decided to walk towards the bleachers as he looked around, the walls of the stadium had pictures of famous sportspersons drawn on them.

Evan smiled as he admired the pictures, it was all around the ground. There was also a big screen on opposite sides of the stadium.

Evan could guess that the stadium was a high level. But then again getting into regionals is very hard. The competition is among fifty plus schools but if you get in then it's really a pride for your school and yourself.

A soft smile played on his lips, he was proud of Zaine for getting into regionals.

As Evan's eyes wandered around the stadium, he saw something which shocked him thoroughly.

The man who Mr. Smith was talking to.

The man was talking to Zaine.

Who is he? Is he a coach? A person who organizes the game?
Maybe that could be it, but how come he was giving money to the coach.

•••••

The walls of the stadium in my district have pictures of famous sportspeople. It's not really pictures rather drawings. So I got inspired by those to write this chapter.

I love you all.

Thanks for the support.