14- Passion

" So Zaine, how many years have you been playing cricket?" Evan asks while taking a sip of his milk tea.

" 9 years," Zaine answered.

" Are you going to continue or do you have other plans?"

" I actually want to be a lawyer but, I will never stop playing cricket," Zaine answered enthusiastically. " If you don't mind me asking, what about you?"

" I will choose something inside the journalism industry, I would like to start as an editorial assistant," Evan exclaimed.

" Oh! I see. I think you will be a good one, seeing as your enthusiasm."

" Thanks," Evan said with a big smile adorning his face. " Can you give me a vague sketch about your team members and about your teamwork?"

" Of course." Zaine absolutely loved talking about the members, they were kind of like his second family. Of course, there may be some problems or some hard cases but what matters is that they all love cricket.

The interview went on about the dynamics of the team, how each member plays their part perfectly well. Zaine was amused with Evan's knowledge on cricket, just yesterday he didn't know what an umpire was and today he knew pretty much all the basics.

So Evan may or may not have stayed awake the whole night yesterday to learn everything about cricket.

Zaine liked this about Evan, the want to learn about something you don't know. When Zaine said that Evan would be good in his job he absolutely meant it and Evan's enthusiasm towards research just proved his point more.

The interview was supposed to end at 4 but they both were so immersed in the 'conversation' that it was about four-thirty when they finished. Maybe they took advantage of the fact that they didn't have school tomorrow. Or maybe they just liked talking to the significant other. Maybe.

" Evan, how are you going home?" Zaine asked once they were out of the cafe.

" Probably by bus. Why?"

" I could drop you." Zaine offered while playing with his bike keys, circling them around his pointer finger.

" No! You already did so much for me." Evan was quick to reject the offer, he didn't want to bother the other more.

" It's really not a problem," Zaine added, but Evan was adamant about his decision.

" How about this, if your house is on the same route as mine then you can't say no to me?" Zaine offered, honestly he didn't know why he was offering to help the other. He just came in terms with his mind by reasoning that he didn't want any harm to come to Evan.

At four-thirty in the evening, in one of the busiest areas.

Evan hesitantly nodded, he only agreed to see as the other was so strong on his offer, or maybe because he could see the other was a little hurt that Evan was rejecting Zaine's offer.

°°°°°

I have 169 reads as of now.( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

They don't like or love each other as of now but you could say they have started to become friends.

I love you all.

Thanks for the support.