Forever Falls

Third POV:
Early in the morning in the dorm of team rwby two teammates, who also happened to be sisters, were quietly discussing what they had seen. 

"I don't know why but he seems familiar" states the one with a red cape

"I know.  The time at initiation when I almost called him a coward he looked about ready to murder me.  I know being called a coward was stupid of me but that was a bigger reaction than one would expect" states the second taller one.

They sat in silence for sometime before they heard a knock on the door.  Hopping up the one in the red cape opens the door

"Oh hi Blake" She cheerfully states while opening the door wider to let Blake in.

"Is Weiss here?" asks Blake and seeing Ruby shake her head she goes to her favorite corner with her book and sitting down starts to read.

"Hey Yang maybe we should ask him if he knows us? You know talk to him" asks Ruby arresting Blake's attention as she pays closer attention to what the sisters are talking about.

"You want to come with us Blake? asks Yang

"Go where?"

"We wanted to ask Lightning why he seemed to hate us"

"OK, I wanted to ask him a few questions myself"

In agreement they all head out. Opening the door they see a surprised Weiss who was just about to knock.

"Where are you going" she asks after getting over her surprise.

"We were going to find Lighting and ask him some things" states Ruby "Do you want to come with us?"

"Sure I don't have anything else to do"

They all head out to look for Lighting.

After a few hours they regroup at the library.

"Its like he disappeared. The dorm assigned to him was completely empty as if no one has stayed there at all. Its frustrating because when you don't need him he's around somewhere and when you want to find him he's nowhere to be found.  Lets try again after classes." says a frustrated Yang. The rest of the team nod in agreement.

Sighing Ruby looks down at her scroll before jumping startled "Shoot we have class in 10 minutes we have to run" there is a split second of silence as the news sink in before they scramble to get to their classroom on time.

They barely make it on time causing everyone to look at them.

"Sorry we're late. It won't happen again" declares Ruby in apology

Glynda just looks at them "Make sure you aren't late again" then turning to the class she continues talking "As I was saying today we are going to the Forever Falls Forest to collect some tree sap. So everyone head outside where we have a bullhead already prepared for our departure"

When everyone had left the classroom Glynda was also heading for the exit when she sensed someone behind her. Quickly turning alert she saw it was just Lighting.

"Are you sure that's safe for them? Most are inexperienced and the ones that are probably haven't fought any Grimm before" he asks with an indifferent tone

"Before I answer that will you answer my question?" at his nod she continued "Why do you seem like you don't care if they die?"

He stands still as stone for a second "In my line of work, before I quit, getting attached to someone brought unnecessary pain when that person died" he pauses before continuing "If they have some attachment to you then they can be the next bargaining chip used against you. I learned that the hard way. Fate never plays nice. No matter how hard you try to keep them safe and protect them Fate will open hell to make you weep" he then looks at Glynda inquisitively

"Ozpin assigned me to go along and to bring you if I could find you" she states and starts walking toward the door "So come on. The children are waiting" Lighting snorts

"That's exactly what they are at this point.  Children with no idea how the world works" then he sighs "I'll see you there" before promptly disappearing in a burst of shadows leaving Glynda a little off with his exit.

Hurrying outside Glynda makes it to the bullhead where all of the students are waiting excited for the trip to forever falls forest. Walking on board she doesn't see Lightning. She frowns 'I'm sure he said he'd meet me here but he's not here' then she shrugs 'Maybe he's just hiding'. She then walks over to the pilot and tells him to take off. The pilot nods before fiddling with a couple things before beginning take off. Glynda frowns when she sees him hesitate here and there about pushing some buttons. She also noticed that the take off wasn't as smooth as it was when a trained specialist would fly them. She pulls out her crop but pauses pondering on how to proceed till she hears a chuckle.

She turns to the pilot wary "Why are you chuckling?"

"Relax teach, I was simply reasserting myself with the ways on how to fly these things" says the pilot

"Does that mean that you aren't trained to fly these?" she tenses suddenly feeling unsafe

"No but I stole enough of them to figure out how to fly them" the pilot sighs "Those were good times" then he reaches up and pulls off the helmet. Glynda is floored when she see's Lighting holding the helmet.

There is silence for a couple minutes as Glynda tries to wrap her head around what she is seeing "How did you-?" she starts before Lighting interrupts.

"Oh I asked him if I could pilot the bullhead and the original pilot didn't let me" Glynda grows fearful

"So what happened to him?" she asks fearing the answer

"I convinced him" he states "Fucker thought that he could try to intimidate me. I showed him the error of his ways real quick. You'll find him in the closet back a Beacon" he then grows thoughtful and mutters "I wonder" then he waves his hand "Nahh he'll be fine" making Glynda worry even more.

"What did you do to him?" she questions with rising fear

"Ohh I duck taped his hands together and feet. Might have bonked him a couple times for struggling" Lighting shrugs "He was wriggling like a worm" he then waves his hand dismissively as Glynda tries to keep her cool as she walks into the back to see if all the student were there.

In half an hour they arrive and Lightning sets the bullhead down. Hopping out of the pilot seat he walks out behind the rest of the students. When all of the students got out of the bullhead Glynda turns to them.

"Today as an experiment we will be collecting tree sap. So make sure you stay in groups in case you are attacked. We will meet back here in an hour" nodding everyone wanders off not knowing what they are about to encounter.

———————————————————
And that's a chapter.  Thank you everyone for reading my book 😀👍