fly high angel

March 4th 2019
10:35am
Apartment of Lili and Cole

Lili woke up after sleeping in. Cole was due to return today to LA. She returned last night and he was returning this morning. So smiling because this was the first time they were seeing each other in a week. Between work and Paris the two had been so busy and it was killing them.

Lili got up, made the bed, changed into an outfit and grabbed her phone to check her messages. She had one from Roberto and it didn't look good as it was long. So she opened her phone and clicked on the message.

Lili,
I've just gotten off the phone with Luke's fiancée. He didn't make it. I know this isn't what you wanted to wake up to but I needed to let you and everyone else know. Unfortunately he died at 7:00 this morning. I've let Cole know as well and I'm giving everyone time off as production is suspended. Take as much time as you need.
~Ras.

Suddenly it was like Lili's whole world stopped. Luke was like her second father. Skeet was as well but Cole was closer to Skeet and she was closer to Luke. Whenever she was having a rough day, he'd lead her out and sit with her talking about random things till she felt better or Cole came.

Flashback:
Crying scenes always took a toll on Lili. Now they had to film where she cried practically the whole episode. And she couldn't do it anymore, her anxiety was acting up today and she felt like she couldn't breathe. "Lili?"

She heard whoever said her name but the ringing in her ears as she desperately tried to suck in more air but her lungs were unaccepting. Seeing Lili struggling, Luke swooped in and led her out of the small room because he knew she would begin to feel claustrophobic.

"Its okay Lili. I got you. I already alerted Cole and he'll be here soon. So the "father daughter duo" as they've been called walked out and sat down on the ground while she got her breath back. Once she did, she turned to him. "I'm sorry, I'm just so tired. I've been here since 3 yesterday morning and it's already 9pm."

"It's okay. You don't need to apologize. Your being overworked and you've reached your breaking point. When I was younger I struggled with that too."

"How did you cope?"

"I got a dog." He laughed. Smiling, she laughed tiredly along him. "Look Cole's here." Lili looked up and sure enough there he was. "Thanks Luke."

"Anytime Lili."
End Flashback.

Lili sobbed hard over that memory. She'd never see him again. She felt like she just lost her own dad. Struggling, she picked up the phone and threw it across the room. Suddenly the door opened and Cole bolted in. He knew she knew. So he quickly scooped her into his arms dropping all his bags. She was stiff and had curled herself into a tight little ball.

"Okay. It's okay. It's me baby." And just like that she unraveled with those words. She grabbed the fabric of his shirt and sobbed. Lili had only cried this hard when her Grandma died. "I know love. It's going to be okay."

"Don't leave." She cried as her tears slowed their race down her cheeks.

"Never. I'm never going anywhere okay?" He asked her making sure she was still awake. Finally her pained cries died down into the occasional sniffle. "That's my girl. Good girl." He cooed to her while rocking her small body. "Do you want to go to bed?"

She shook her head. "Okay. Where do you want to go?"

"Stay here." She croaked out, voice sore from crying. "Alright. We can do just that. But lets get you out of these clothes okay? I don't want you sleeping in this."

Lili nodded and as soon as Cole got up she latched onto his hand. "Don't leave me." She whispered, eyes filling with tears threatening to spill over once again.

"I won't baby. Come on, I'll carry you." Cole replied swiping his thumb across her cheek. The gesture made her smile and she reached for him willingly. "Am I too heavy?"

"Not at all." He whispered to her walking to the bedroom to get pyjamas. Once they were both dressed, he led them both back out to the living room and put pillows and blankets on the carpet. "Do you want to say something?" Cole asked. Lili thought about it for a second and then grabbed the candles from the table. It was a way for them, to say something to the angels in their heart.

"You want to go first?" Cole asked. "Yeah." She cleared her throat and cupped the candle. "Luke, you were amazing. I loved you so much, you were the second dad I really had in my life and I'm going to miss you so much. Thank you for taking care of me when Cole couldn't. Being the dad I need in Vancouver. I know your in a better place now. Fly high angel."

Cole kissed her head quickly and looked into his candle. "Luke man where do I start? You were constantly laughing at me, supported five feet apart the entire way through. You told me you'd be the first one in the theatres. I'm devastated and you were taken too early from us. We love you. Love Cole and Lili."

He grabbed her hand and they blew out their candles before finally laying back wrapped in each other's arms. It was only then, when he felt the most at home and safe that Cole finally let the tears fall. Lili didn't stop him, instead she just cried with him.

"Cole." She whispered after several beats of silence

"Yeah Lils?"

"I won't leave you either. We can and will get through this together. You and me."

"Your my angel Lili Reinhart."

"Mine as well." With that the couple drifted off into sleep. A light one for sure as their minds were still reeling. This was the start to the grieving progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow..okay. So I was in school today when I heard the news. For anyone that didn't know, Luke Perry suffered a stroke and died this morning. He was surrounded by loved ones as he left our world too early. Please be respectful (I'm posting this as a tribute) and let the family mourn in peace.
With that said I love you all, and if anyone ever needs anyone to talk to I'm here.

Rest In Peace Luke❤️🙏

~Olivia❤️

*please note this did not really happen. This is only what i wrote. *
Reads: 13.1k
Votes: 286