saved

TRIGGER WARNING!!!
A little after Christmas it seemed like all the happiness and joy with the holidays had faded. Lili's mental health took a rapid decline and it was scaring Cole.

"Are you sure your okay? I can stay home with you if you want." Cole asked his girlfriend as he was getting on his shoes. She shook her head. "No it's okay. Ill be fine." She did her best fake smile and she thought he bought it because he gave her a quick kiss and closed the door behind him.

As soon as he left, she burst into tears. She'd been hiding her urge and habit since she was 13 and she knew that it wouldn't be able to stay hidden forever. When she was younger, she used to only do it on her hips so that it couldn't be seen. Now she didn't care

"He's falling out of love with me." Lili thought to herself as she wrapped herself in the blankets. Usually she could scroll through her phone and find photos of him that she'd taken when he wasn't looking but it wasn't enough today. Lili felt like she was dying and knew of only one way to stop this pain. Throwing off her covers, she shuffled into the bathroom. Since moving in with Cole, her usual blade had been long forgotten. Not remembering where her razor was, she grabbed Coles and ripped the safety case off letting it fall to the other side of the bathroom.

Shaking, Lili brought it up to her wrists and made 2 deep lines on each wrist. Watching the blood come out, she sobbed and brought her phone up to her ear and called Cole. He picked up on the second ring. "Lils?"

"Thank you Cole. You gave me the best year and a half I could have asked for and I know you don't love me anymore but that's okay. I'll always love you babe. I know your going to hate me soon but that's okay too. Because I won't be around for it. Goodbye Cole." she whispered weakly hanging up the phone and passing out. After getting off the phone, Cole screamed for Cami. Quickly she turned her head and immediately noticed his pale complexion. "What's wrong?"

"We need to go get Lili. Now!" She nodded and the two started to head to his jeep.

"Why are we getting Lili? Did something happen to her?"

"I think so. She called me apologizing for everything." Cole spat. Sensing his worries, Cami didn't ask anything else. Finally when they got there, he ran out of the car and quickly opened their door. "Lil? Lili? Lili!" Cole screamed checking every room of the house downstairs. Cami then came in and went upstairs to check for her.

Sure enough she found Lili in the bathroom. "Cole!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Quickly Cole ran upstairs and saw the love of his life. Not thinking he shut the door behind him leaving Cami to call 911 if needed. "Lili? Lils...open your eyes love." He whispered seeing her pale state. As if his words were strong enough, she opened her eyes weakly and opened her mouth slightly to try and talk. Looking down, he saw the blood on her wrists and grabbed two towels as he brought her into his lap. After applying pressure, she seemed to have a little more energy. "Oh my love why? What happened?"

"I thought...you didn't..I thought you didn't love me anymore. That your life would be easier without me in it."

"Baby no. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you and I wasn't here. I love you with all my heart Lils. I'm sorry you didn't get that impression and I'll spend every minute making it up to you. But first, can we take care of this? Also Camis outside the door and I'm pretty sure she's freaked out."

Lili nodded and rested her head on his chest as he opened the door. "Hey. Lili are you okay?"

"I am. Thank you Cami. I appreciate it." Lili smiled. Cami nodded and hugged her friend before leaving.

Now it was just Cole and Lili. "Baby I'm going to clean your wrists okay? This may hurt." She nodded silently and watched his reactions as he pulled the bloody towels off. Cole looked about one step away from crying but held it together for Lili.

So silently he cleaned them with water and then bandages them up. When he was finished, he brought her down from the counter and laid her down on the bed. From there, he slipped his shoes off and held her against his body as she sobbed her apologizes to him repeatedly. Once she had calmed down enough, he looked at her beautiful eyes.

"Baby...you need to promise me something. You need to promise that you'll never do this to yourself again. I can't lose you."

Lili nodded. "Yeah. Okay."

"I need to hear you promise love."

"I promise."

"Good girl." He praised as she snuggled closer to him. Out of instinct, Lili grabbed the corner of his shirt and fell asleep. Once she was passed out breathing evenly Cole got up to clean the mess in the bathroom. Unfortunately seeing it all again brought his lunch up and he vomited into the toilet. After rinsing with some water, he grabbed the sponge and scrubbed the carpet to try and get rid of the blood stains. Once he lifted up the carpet, he saw it. His razor once shiny silver now coated in a red metallic colour.

Letting the tears fall he picked it up and threw it away. He could get a new razor but he couldn't get another Lili. Speaking of Lili, he decided he needed to return to her. So he did and carefully slipped into the bed beside her. Checking her bandages, they were only slightly red which meant she wasn't bleeding actively. "Thank you for saving me." She whispered sensing him.

Smiling, he kissed her lips and replied. "Anytime baby."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this was actually my suggestion to another author of a oneshots but it was kind of a dark theme so yeah. But i decided to do it anyways.

Also, happy new year everyone. I hope 2019 is great.

Reads: 6.94k
Votes: 171
~olivia🍵