humming

August 1st 2018-
"It's been a while since I've had a moment to miss you." Lili Reinhart

Grief is a powerful thing. It can inspire you to see who you still have in this beautiful world. To cherish the ones you love and hold on to them. Treat them if there's no tomorrow. Or it can be overwhelming. It can sink you into a state of depression. Hurt so bad, you don't think you can ever hurt this much again.

Unfortunately for Lili she was dealing with both the negative and the positive. She had been bed ridden with grief as it was one month since her nana had passed. It was also the day she had to return to set.

"Hi baby." Cole whispered. She smiled a little and looked at him. "We have to go to work today. Do you think you can do it?"

She nodded. "Lay with me?"

"We gotta get up Love."

"Please? Just for a minute?"

Sighing he knew he couldn't say no. He was so scared that Lili was going to be stuck in this state forever so he gave in. "Sure baby. For a minute." He pulled his jacket on with him and laid next to her on the bed. Immediately once he was settled she snuggled into him.

"I love you." He whispered to her stroking her arm.

"I know." She replied. She loved him too but right now she wasn't in the mood to really reply. "Okay, I'll go get ready." He nodded and as soon as Cole heard the shower turn on he called Roberto.

"Hey Cole whats up? How's Lili?"

"Same. I need you to try and make her first day back a little easy okay?"

"Yeah I got it. I'll see you guys in thirty." With that the line was hung up and Cole texted Mads and Cami the same. They replied within minutes and after scrolling through Instagram a bit, the shower turned off and Lili came out in a towel. "Hey Lil."

"Hey." Was all she said. She got her clothes on, dried her hair and shoes on. "Ready?"

Cole nodded. "Yeah. I'll get the keys."

The whole ride there was silent as Lili couldn't find anything to say about anything and Cole didn't want to push her. He knew she'd come to him when she was ready and that just wasn't right now. As they pulled into the lot Lili inhaled and exhaled a couple times. "Your gonna be fine okay? Everyone's here for you."

The couple walked in together and immediately Cami and Mads gathered her in their arms. Lili was incredibly grateful to them and wrapped her arms around them as well. "Any thing you need Lili, we're here for you. Can we get you anything right now?."

"No no I'm okay thanks. I'm gonna go to makeup. Erin's probably waiting for me. Excusing herself, Lili waved to the girls and Cole and walked to makeup. It was probably best she went alone anyways because she needed to clear her head.

"Hey Lili, hows it going?" Erin asked. Lili forced a smile and replied. "Good thanks."

Erin saw the blotches of red on Lilis face but decided not to say anything because she knew Lili had been having a rough time lately. So she quietly did Lilis makeup and hair for her scene. Thanking her, Lili walked out of the trailer and onto the set of Pops where they would film first with the gang and Cheryl and Toni. Cole watched her from afar and she seemed to be doing okay until something clicked in her brain. It was then she began to hyperventilate and tears welled up.

"Lili you good?" Cami asked her, seeing her best friend. Lili didn't respond and immediately Roberto yelled cut. She took that chance to run outside into the grass. Tears were free flowing by now and it was like a month's worth of emotions erupting like a volcano. The pain in her chest was lifted and she couldn't bring herself to stand up as she collapsed in the grass. Mädchen, noticing Lilis state ran to her. Although she wasn't her real mom, she played hers in the show and therefore knew how to comfort her. She had actually spoken with Amy a couple days ago and Amy didn't know about any of it because Lili didn't want to upset her again.

So Lili had been bottling it up and finally let it out. Running over, she ditched the sunglasses and got onto the ground and held Lili in her arms, one hand on her head, one on her side as to support her. "Shhhh I know Lils. It's okay, let it out." And she did, she sobbed and clung to Mädchen until Cole came running.

"Thank you, Mädchen. I got it from here." She nodded and pressed a kiss to Lilis forehead. Looking up finally, Lili saw the love of her life and cried harder. At least this time she could lift herself to be held by him in his warm embrace. "I'm so sorry love. It'll be okay." He kept whispering sweet things in her ear till she had calmed down a little bit. She stood up tears still streaming and Cole took a picture. Not meant to go anywhere but to remember to hold her on the dark days and the bright days.
"Talk to me baby, what do you want?"

"I want to say I'm sorry. I've been distant and that's not cool. I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore."

"Hey hey, I'll never want to stop being with you. I love you okay? I'm never gonna stop loving you. Where do you want to go?"

"Can we go home?" She asked shyly. He nodded. "Of course we can. Lets go wave goodbye and go home." So they did just that, with Lili taking an extra second to hug Mädchen. "Thank you." She whispered. Finally, after a long morning Cole and Lili went home. Lili was feeling a little bit better and even went as far as to have small talk and tell Cole she loved him. Once they arrived home, Lili wanted to lay on the couch. So Cole dropped everything by the door and got a blanket. After he laid down, he pulled Lili to him and kissed her. Then she settled and snuggled in front of Cole, their bodies fitting perfectly together as usual.

The bad days were not gone yet. And Lili was okay with that. Why? Because she had Cole by her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this was a one shot requested by @floralemi

you guys can always request:) have a good weekend and happy Veterans Day to those who celebrate it.

Reads: 2.92k
Votes: 80 (95?)
published: November 10 2018