eggs and toast at 1am

12:30am-
Lili yawned for what felt like the millionth time. She had gotten off work almost an hour ago and was now home in bed. With Cole of course. The problem was, she couldn't sleep. She tried snuggling into him, tried sleeping on the outside of the covers too. Nothing worked.

She sighed and turned over once again and then tried shutting her eyes. Unfortunately she was too stressed to sleep. So she decided to get up and sit on the couch in the other room. Just as she began to walk out, she heard his voice.

"Where do you think your going?"

Lili smiles hearing his raspy voice. "Go back to sleep it's ok. I'm just gonna go sit on the couch."

"Hey, come here." Sighing she went to him and sat in his embrace. "Couldn't sleep?" She shook her head. "Cole?"

"Hm."

"I'm hungry." She whispered. He laughed into her shoulder causing goosebumps up her back. "What do you want? Wanna go somewhere? There's a 24 hour restaurant about a mile from here."

She nodded. "I want eggs and toast."

"Eggs and Toast it is babe. Wanna get up and go?." She nodded and a few minutes later they were up getting ready in their clothes from earlier that day. Soon enough they were walking hand in hand down to the garage in the apartment.

"Can I drive?"

"That's gonna be a no from me, but I love you." Cole said. Lili rolled her eyes and got in the passenger seat. Sure enough it was already 1am when they got there.

"Hello how many?" A waitress who's name tag said Lisa asked. I could see her checking Cole out and possibly fangirling. Rolling my eyes I cleared my throat and Cole wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Two." I replied holding on to Coles hand. "Okay, booth or bar?"

"Booth. Thanks." Cole said as she led us over. "I'll be right with you folks." She finished as she handed us the menus and walked to another table.

Cole got out his phone and then held it up to Lilis face. "No don't, I look horrendous!" She said. "No you do not. Let me take it." She shook her head and as I was taking it, put her hand out in an attempt to cover her face. "Gotcha. Now will you tell me why you couldn't sleep?" He asked putting the phone down. Lili blushed. "It's gonna sound stupid but I was stressed."

"Over what?"

"My scenes coming up. I just don't want to ruin them." While Lili kept explaining, Cole put his phone on the side on the wall without her noticing. Finally she finished. "Listen to me. You are an amazing actress Lili Reinhart. You are strong and confident and very very very beautiful. I've seen you in and out of character many times and I know that you will do amazing on these scenes. Besides I'll be there to help you too. Even if it is the breakup, I'm not going anywhere okay?"

"Okay good. Because who else would take me to breakfast at 1?"

"No one that loves you as much as I do. I think your mom loves you as much as I do but I don't think she'd be willing to get up and get you whatever your cravings are at 1am."

"Guess I just got lucky then."

"Guess you did. Plus I've been with you since the start so I know how to say no to you." He laughed.

"Oh really? You can say no..to me?" She whispered the last part and Cole had to drink water to keep the blood from rushing south. "Can I drive the jeep back?"

"No. See?! There it is. I said no to you. Haha. They laughed for a little bit longer before Cole could see the anxiety and sleep deprivation start to kick in.

"Lils love, are you okay?" He asked reaching over for her hand.

She nodded. Cole didn't quite believe her so he did everything in his power to make her laugh. And it worked. She was happy and in a better mood when the waitress came over. "Can I get you guys something to drink?" Lisa asked politely. "Water for the both of us please." I replied. "Certainly. And to eat?"

"I'll take the scrambled eggs and toast please."

"Alright. And for you Sir?"

"The bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich please."

"Okay. Coming right up." With that she left and Lili was giggling. "What is it my hair?" Cole asked. She shook her head. "Your just a goof and I love you."

"I love you too." Cole leaned over and met her half way the both of them laughing over the stupidest things at one in the morning. "Kiss me you beautiful lady."

"My pleasure." She replied locking her lips with mine. They still had droplets of water on them and i went to lick her lips and deepen the kiss. "Baby." She whispered holding onto me. "We're in public." She said again. Laughing I kissed her once more and sat back down. We talked a little more before our food came and she was so happy. We dug into our food and talked gossip about our friends.

"So spill the tea. What's going on with Cami and KJ?" He asked her. Immediately she tried to avoid the question. "Come on, I won't tell." He pleaded. With that and the puppy dog eyes, he knew she was bound to give in. "Ugh Fine!"

"So you know their shower scene in 2x01?"

He nodded but stayed quiet waiting for her to continue. "They practiced it a couple times.."

"So? We practice our scenes till we get them right." He said taking a bite of his food. "Ya But when we practice for the scenes we do it there..."

Finally the pieces came together. "Oh my gosh. So they had a little hook up session beforehand?" She nodded. "They aren't getting in a relationship, they like it as occasionally friends with benefits."

"Wow."

The couple finished their breakfast continued talking and then signed the check. On the way home Lili fell asleep in the car. So Cole carried her up from the garage and was about to put her down in the bed when she mumbled into his chest.

"Stay with me."

"Always love."

______\____\\________________\
Ok, hi everyone. Hope your enjoying so far! Today I woke up to the photo that Cole posted and I absolutely lost it. How cute. Anyways this is based off that photo. Don't forget to leave requests!

Reads: 233
Votes: 4 (10 plz? Thx)
Published: 9/10/18