Home-sweet-home Jina

Jina's P.O.V

Sitting around the dining table, with my new family didn't go as I dreamt of. Instead of blooming with happiness, they are drowned in gloominess. We just ate our lunch silently, without uttering a single word.

I want to sequel in excitement when Jungkook sat beside me, but it died down when I saw he doesn't have the same level of excitement as I do. In fact, he didn't smile or spare a glance at me whenever I approach towards him. Just one harsh glare from my husband, and I already pick up the warning to not to bother him.

The food on my plate remains untouched, because I have no appetite. Others were silently eating their food, only the sound of fork hitting the plate reaching to ears.

Father-in-law clears his throat, grabbing everyone's attention, except Jungkook pretends that he didn't hear. Father-in-law law clear his throat again-louder this time, but Jungkook still proceeds eating his food.

"Jungkook," calls Father-in-law, and Jungkook judt answers with simple "Yes", while shoving the spoonful of food in his mouth, still not looking up. Anger is fully evident on Father-in-law's face, not able to tolerate the disrespect his son is giving to him.

"I wanted to talk to you about regarding the company. Since t-"

"No need to explain to me how to handle a business." Jungkook voice was calm, but in disrespect tone. "I didn't go to abroad for nothing."

Father-in-law slams his fist on the table. "You have the audacity to disrespect me-your father like that."

Jungkook just shrugs his shoulder, finishes his food, and leaves the dining table with his plate. The action of his made his father furious, and he threw his fork on the floor, before leaving the room.

Mother-in-law sighs heavily and mutters, "I swear every man throws tantrums like little kids." I opened my mouth tried to answer, but nothing came except a small "umm". She further adds, "I swear sometimes I feel I'm raising kids trapped in adult's bodies."

I don't say anything, because I have no clue to how to form words. I just stare at her. "You know, you don't have to worry about anything."

"Huh?" I was beyond confused. "I'm s-sorry, Eommonim. I didn't understand."

Mother-in-law lets out a small chuckle. "Oh, Jina. Didn't Jungkook say you anything?"

I shook my head. Jungkook didn't talk to me at all, and gave me cold shoulders. He went out of the room while everyone was asleep, and returned early in the morning before the maid called is for breakfast.

Remembering all those moments yesterday, I look away and take the glass in my hand that placed on the table. Sipping the water, trying to ease the awkward tension between my mother-in-law and me.

"I know both of you didn't intimate physically."

Hearing those words made me choke on water. I coughed really hard, that even some water came through my nasal cavity. "Oh God! I'm so sorry, Jina," says mother-in-law panicking, seeing at my state.

After finishing coughing, I cleared my throat and flash a smile. "Oh no problem, Eommonim." My face was heating up with a combination of embarrassment, nervousness and awkwardness. I look at the plate on the table, trying to avoid eye contact.

"It's ok, I understand. Jungkook's head been mess, and I did see him sneaking out of his room at midnight." My eyes widened and I looked at her with shock. "W-what? H-how?"

"That doesn't matter. I bought a house for you and Jungkook, so that you both newlyweds can have some couple fun."

"Umm I d-”