𝟒𝟔 ❀˚. The Host Club Disbands! ₊˚.༄

Start from the beginning

Just as she was about to open her mouth and return their greetings, a set of hasty footsteps caught her attention. "Haruhi-kun! I just heard!" Rushing into their classroom with an anxious expression, Renge called out to the brunette.

"Renge-san?" Haruhi hummed, turning her body to face the manager fully. "I hope we have a wonderful second-year together as well." She said earnestly.

"Eee!" Cupping her cheeks together, Renge momentarily dropped her worries as she squealed in delight. "I do too! Actually, I'd love a good forever with you, Haruhi-kun!"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind that," Quickly shaking her head, the girl quickly snapped back into 'serious mode' as she leaned forward with knitted brows. "Is it true? The Host Club is on hiatus?" She asked nervously.

"Huh?!" Startled by the news, Haruhi's eyes rounded momentarily. She had known that Tamaki was accepted into the main mansions a day before, as he came by her house to deliver the news in person. But the Host Club going on hiatus was unheard of, even to her. "I haven't heard anything about that... Who told you that?" She questioned.

"Some girls who greeted Kyoya-sama this morning said he gave them the news," Renge explained as she rubbed a hand under her chin thoughtfully. "He said it has something to do with Tamaki-senpai and Miki-chan-senpai unable to attend club activities for a while. Even Music Room #3 is closed off-"

However, before she could even finish her sentence, Haruhi had already dashed out of the classroom.

Making her way up to the top floor of the South wing, Haruhi ran as quickly as her legs could take her

Making her way up to the top floor of the South wing, Haruhi ran as quickly as her legs could take her. Rounding the corner of the Northern hallway, she could faintly see what seemed to be a few familiar figures standing in front of the taped off Music Room. "Tamaki-senpai! Kyoya-senpai! Hikaru! Kaoru!" She called out urgently.

"Haru-chan!" Honey waved at the sight of her, his taller cousin nodding in greeting. 

"Even Honey and Mori-senpai are here..." As she got closer, Haruhi's steps began to slow to a speed walk as she mentally questioned what the two university students were doing in the High School division on their supposedly first day of school. Deciding to save that question for another day, she glanced around to notice the tense atmosphere that plagued the air. Tamaki especially, looking a little off. "Tamaki-senpai, what's going on?" Trying to catch her breath from that long jog, she raised an eyebrow at the blond. "Where's Miki-senpai?"

Ignoring her question, Tamaki's ocean blue eyes swept across the members of his beloved club. "Is everyone here? Good. There's something I need to tell everyone." He announced, omitting the twins' prominent protests at the absence of his sister. Then, after a few long seconds that seemed to have lasted for an eternity, he opened his mouth once again. 

"I am quitting the Host Club."

Everyone froze. 

"W-What...?" Hikaru stammered.