𝟒𝟑 ❀˚. Joys of a Production Designer! ₊˚.༄

Start from the beginning

"Ah! Antoinette!" Deciding to rescue the dog first and call for back-up later, Suzuno rushed over and used her back to shield the pup as she guided it out of the room. "Oh my, you poor thing, suck in such a chilly room! Let's go to Miss Miki's room, that'll warm you up!" 

What an exhilarating morning... Tamaki thought as he stared out into the overcast sky with a delusional mind. A sparkling sun... Gently swaying trees... Little Birds chirping... Everything is more beautiful than ever before. He breathed in deeply, feeling extremely satisfied with himself. Who knew being true to your heart was such a wonderful thing? I want to shout this feeling out to the world right now! He held his hand before his chest, not noticing Suzuno who was hurrying the whining golden retriever out of the room behind him. 

Exhaustion

Exhaustion.

That was the first sensation Miki felt as she began to stir from her sleep. She groaned a little, shifting her limbs, only to notice that her joints were unusually stiff and that she was not laying in the comfortable space of her bed. Curious to see where she was, she moved her head, hearing her neck crack with each movement she made. Her curtains were undrawn, allowing the overcast sky to bring hints of light to her room. Sitting up and reaching her arms up, she let out a small yawn before blinking her eyes open.

"Oh," Rubbing the tears out of her eyes, Miki hummed as the darkened screen of her drawing tablet faded in and out of view. "I must've fallen asleep." She murmured as her voice began to trail off as she thought about her designing. 

Since she was far too worried about Tamaki, Megumi and helping with preparations for the orienteering tournament, she hardly had the time or energy to even focus on completing her final design for the production internship. With the deadline approaching fast, she had nearly pulled an all-nighter sketching, trying to come up with the concept for the perfect centrepiece of her portfolio. 

However, unlike all the other times when she drew production sketches for host club events or for her sheer pleasure, the inspiration with just not coming. Whenever she put her stylus to screen, her mind would simply fall blank, and she'd have no idea what to draw. She'd push through that feeling and manage to sketch something up, but it just didn't feel... right. 

Why can I not come up with something? She sighed, about to collapse onto her desk once again when her door was thrown open after a hasty knock. The sound of the howling wind, as well as Antoinette whining, quickly caught her attention, waking her up. She jolted up from her seat, watching as Suzuno hurried in with Antoinette, shutting the door behind her. 

"Suzuno, what's wrong?" She asked. 

"F-Forgive me for entering in such a hurry, Miss Miki." Lowering her head into a bow, Suzuno released a long-held breath. "Master Tamaki has opened the balcony door of his room, and it was absolutely freezing in there, I figured that I would take Antoinette to hide out in your room for a while." She explained, watching as the golden retriever ran into Miki's arms as she knelt down.