Twenty-Eight

There was a knock on my door. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 3 a.m. Who was at my house at 3 in the morning? I walked to the door and cautiously opened it, just in case it was a killer, although I was defenseless so it wouldn't matter if it was killer or not. I saw Sam on the other side and he stumbled into the house. As soon as he walked past me the smell of alcohol hit my nose.

"Are you drunk, Sam?" I asked.

"Definitely not," he slurred.

"Did you drive here?" I asked, noticing his car in front of my house.

"Yes."

"Are you crazy?"

"Crazy in love with you," he said, trying to kiss me.

"Yeah, good try," I said, pushing him away from me.

"So what if I'm drunk?" he asked.

"I don't care that you're drunk, I care that you drove to my house drunk, you idiot."

"I'm fine," he said, waving a hand in the air.

"That doesn't make you any less of an idiot."

"I just wanted you so bad, baby," he said, moving closer to me. I bit my lips at the words.

"Not while you're super drunk."

"Baby," he said grabbing my ass.

I moved closer to him and put my lips near his ear. "No," I whispered.

"Fine. But just remember this next time you want to have sex with me," he said, holding up a finger.

"You won't even remember this," I laughed.

"I'll just leave then."

"You're not going anywhere," I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him back inside the house.

"Did you change your mind?" he smirked.

"Will it get you to stay here?" I asked, giving in.

"Yes," he nodded.

"Yes. I changed my mind," I said, pulling him into me. I could taste the alcohol on his lips. This wasn't the best idea but if it was the only way to keep him from driving around Omaha drunk, then it was all I could do.

***

I didn't fall asleep until I was 300% sure Sam was asleep, but when I woke up, Sam was missing from my bed. I got up and walked to where I had set my phone last night. I went to my messages and texted Sam.

Are you okay? I asked.

Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? Sam answered.

Because you drove to my house drunk last night and I wanted to make sure you were still alive since you're not here anymore.

I'm home safe, babe.

You better be. I'll fucking kill you if you die, Sam.

I'll keep that in mind ;).

I sat down my phone and let out a sigh of relief. I felt better knowing Sam wasn't in a ditch, dead, somewhere. I ran my fingers through my hair as best I could but my curly hair always had rats in it, espically since I haven't brushed it yet today. I stood there, too lazy to move, for a few minutes before I decided I needed to shower and get ready. Today was my last full day in Omaha, and America, and I was spending it with Alaska. I hadn't been with her much this summer because she was gone most of it.

I showered and almost as soon as I got out of the shower Alaska called me.

"What?" I asked picking up the phone.