Twenty-One

I felt someone's hands shaking me awake, causing me to jump.

"Jesus, what are you doing here?" I asked when I saw it was only Sam.

"I was on my way to the airport when I realized I needed to tell you bye," he informed me.

"Do you have to leave? It seems like you're never in Omaha anymore," I groaned.

"I know. I'm sorry but I'll be back in a few days," he said, sitting on the edge of the bed facing me.

"I know," I groaned and wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me back. "Have fun," I said and threw up a peace sign.

"I'll talk to you later," he said, kissing me as he stood up.

"You better," I laughed.

He threw up a peace sign and made a weird face.

"Get out of my house, you weirdo," I said, laughing.

He walked out of my room and I layed back down. I closed my eyes but I couldn't fall asleep, I was awake for now. I grabbed my phone which was on my bedside table and started playing the Kim Kardashian game. I was obsessed with it, even though there was really no point to it. It was like crack and I was addicted.

Less than five minutes later I got a phone call from Alaska.

"Come to church with me," she said when I answered.

"Well hello to you too," I replied.

"Sorry. But my mom is forcing me to go to church and I need you to go with me."

"What time is it? Isn't church like really early?" I asked, I hadn't been to church in about 10 years but I remembered that I always had to get up super early.

"No. Our church starts at 9 and it's only 8." I looked at the clock that was on my bedside table and sure enough it was only 8 a.m.

"Fine. But you're coming to pick me up," I informed her.

"Deal. I'll see you at 8:45," she told me and hung up.

I got up and walked to the bathroom and got in the shower. When I got out I ran a comb through my hair and decided to let it air dry. I put on a turquoise dress that matched my hair and did my make up in record time.

"Where are you going?" Zoe asked, braging into my room.

"Church with Alaska," I answered.

"You're going to church? With Alaska," she asked, laughing.

"I don't want to go but I have nothing better to do." Actually anything I could do was better than going to church but I just wanted to hang out with Alaska for once. We hadn't really talked for a week or so.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Alaska and I are filthy sinners," I said.

"You don't even believe in a God," she pointed out.

"I'm aware."

"Well have fun at church," she said leaving my room, laughing again.

I put on a pair of flip flops and walked downstairs right as Alaska knocked on the door. I opened it and walked outside without even saying a word to my mom or dad.

We walked to her mom's car and she got in the passenger side and I got into the back behind her mom. I was sitting next to her annoying brother who was a Freshman.

"You look pretty today, Lakyn" Alaska's mom said when I got in the car.

"Thank you," I said blushing. I wasn't very good with compliments. I always felt awkward and turned red.