Twelve

Is there anyone at your house other than you? Jack asked.

No. Why?

Mom and dad were both at work and Zoe was a friends house. I think. And even if she did come home while Jack was here it wouldn't matter.

I'm outside, he informed me.

What if someone comes home?

We'll cross that bridge if we get there.

I groaned and walked downstairs and opened the door. Sure enough Jack was standing outside of the door.

"How did you get here?" I asked. I didn't see his Jeep anywhere.

"I parked a block away just in case," he told me.

"Well that's smart. And something I'd never thought of."

We walked up to my room and sat on my bed. I realized I was only wearing a pair of spandex and a cut off shirt with a sports bra underneath and felt my face turn bright red.

"Embarrassed?" Jack asked laughing at me.

"Maybe a little. I didn't realize I was dressed like this," I gestured to my clothes.

"I've seen you in less," Jack winked.

"Good point," I smiled and kissed him.

***

I stood up and put my clothes back on, just in case someone came home, and Jack did the same. When we were both dressed again we layed on my bed. I put my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I was trying not to fall asleep but everything was too calm and I couldn't help it.

***

I heard a knock on my door causing both Jack and I to jump awake. I looked at my clock. It was 5. It was my dad. He couldn't know that Jack was here. He'd kill him.

"Lakyn?" my dad asked, knocking on my door again.

"Just a second," I told him.

I jumped up and looked around my room for a place for Jack to hide. My closet was the only thing that he might be able to hide in. I pointed towards my closet and he squeezed in the closet. When he closed the closet door I opened the door and let my dad in.

"Where's Zoe?" he asked.

"I think sh-she's at a friends," I told him.

"Are you okay?" my dad asked.

"P-perfect," I smiled.

"Who's here?" my dad asked angry.

"No one," I said. I hated that I was a horrible liar. I had gotten a little better over the past few months but now that my dad was so close to finding out about Jack my horrible lying came back.

"Then what are you hiding?" my dad asked, suspicious.

My mind searched for an excuse.

"I got my belly button pierced," I told him. Thank god I had gone through with getting my belly button pierced.

"You did what?" my dad asked, anger rising in his voice.

I lifted up my shirt, "Alaska made me pierce my belly button."

"Does your mother know about this?" he asked.

"No. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd be mad," I told him. It wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth.

"We'll talk about this more when your mother gets home," he said.

"Okay. I'm s-" he waved a hand in my face to cut me off and walked out of my room.

I closed the door behind him and Jack practically fell out of my closet.

"That was close," I sighed relieved.

"Good thing you got your belly button pierced," Jack laughed.

"One of the only good things Alaska has made me do in my life," I laughed.

"So how am I going to get out of here?" Jack asked.

I hadn't thought about that. I figured he'd be gone before anyone got home. I only had one window, but it didn't open so he climb out of it.

"We're going to have to sneak you out," I said.

Jack and I slowly and quietly walked down the hallway and down the stairs, but not quiet enough. My dad was sitting in the living room and heard us walking around. He got up and saw me trying to help sneak Jack out.

I could practically see smoke come out of his ears. He narrowed his eyes at Jack and I knew he was going to do something to him. I shoved myself in between them so he couldn't punch him.

"Dad stop," I tried to hold him back but he pushed me out of the way.

"What are you doing here?" my dad asked Jack.

Jack didn't say anything and that made my dad angrier.

"I said. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see your daughter," Jack finally said.

I watched as my dad balled his fist and hit Jack in the jaw. Tears swelled in my eyes.

"DAD! STOP!" I yelled, even though he wasn't listening, "YOU'RE HURTING HIM!"

He did it again. Tears pouring out of my eyes. I wasn't strong enough to stop my dad but I needed to do something. I shoved myself between them again and my dad finally stopped, not wanting to hit me. Thankfully the door opened and my mom and Zoe walked in.

When they saw what was happening they ran over to us.

"Nate, what are you doing?" my mom asked.

"Beating some sense into him," my dad said, "To leave my daughter alone."

"Dad. It's not like it was all him. I was part of it too," I told him.

Somehow my mom got my dad to leave the room and Zoe left Jack and I alone.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he told me.

I knew that was a lie. He had a bloody nose and bruises all over his face. I tried to stop crying because he was in more pain than I was but I didn't like seeing him like this.

"Jack I'm so sorry," I layed my head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me for a few seconds.

"I should probably go," Jack said.

I nodded, "I love you and I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," Jack wipped away my tears and kissed me, "I love you, too."

He got up and walked out the door. I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen, where my mom, dad, and Zoe were. When I walked in everyone looked at me. My mom and Zoe gave me sad eyes but my dad looked like he wanted my blood now.

"Lakyn," my dad growled.

"I'm sorry," I lied.

"You knew the rules. And not only did you pierce your belly button but you've been sneaking around with a boy. Not just any boy either, Jack Gilinsky."

He went on but I didn't hear a thing he said. All that was going through my mind was my dad hitting Jack and it drove me crazy.

"You're grounded until Prom," my dad said.

I didn't see how that was much of a punishment. And they probably would have grounded me longer except it was my Senior year.

"Okay," I nodded. I couldn't be around them anymore so I went to my room.

***

Hey guys! Please tell me what you thought about this part! And also go check my other two stories 'Us (Jack Gilinsky)' and 'Through Thick and Thin (Shawn Mendes)'

It would mean so much to me :)

-Rianamays