Just Like Lovers Do

The next day, I cleaned my tiny apartment until it was spotless. Alastor was taking me out on a date tonight, and I wanted to make sure when he went to drop me off he would wind up staying the night. After my apartment was cleaned, I took a shower and dolled myself up in my best dress. It was a black and white floral pin up dress  with a skirt that swirled when I turned in a circle (Pictured below).

Right at seven in the evening, Alastor knocked on my door. Opening it, I found the man I had fantasized about standing on my doorsteps. Smiling, I let him in.

"You look beautiful, my dear." He said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed at his words, savoring them. 

"Thank you." I replied, then asked, "Where are we heading this evening?"

"Just a little place downtown," Alastor replied, offering me his arm. I took it, very aware of how he felt. He led me downstairs and outside to the waiting town car. The ride was short, and soon we pulled up to a posh little jazz club. The sign outside the door read "Open Mic Night". Alastor led me inside.  

"Alastor, party of two." He told the hostess. The impossibly beautiful demon escorted us to a table, already laid out with several appetizers and a bottle of wine. 

"No sake?" I asked with a shy giggle. 

"Not tonight." Alastor chuckled, pulling out my chair. I sat down, and looked around. A demon in a blue bowler hat was singing a love ballad while a small band played in the background. He wasn't terrible, but no professional. We sat there, politely watching while snacking on a cheese plate and fancy olives.

"Do you want to sing?" Alastor asked me when the demon in the bowler was done. He bowed out to a smattering of applause. 

I shrugged, "I haven't sang in a long time."

"It's never too late to start again." He replied. I looked at him with a small grin. He was looking at me intently, waiting to see if I would sing or not.

"Okay, fine," I sighed in mock aspiration, "But you owe me a raspberry mocha, extra sweet." Then I stood up, gave Alastor a peck on the cheek, and went up on stage. I bight light blocked my view of the room, making me slightly less nervous.

"What do you want to sing, honey?" A grizzled demon holding a trumpet asked. I leaned over and whispered something in his ear. He nodded and passed the word along to the other band members. I looked back towards the room as the opening notes began to play.

"I see you watching me

Eyes on your target

Mix drinks and smoke rings
It's already started
It won't be too long before me and you
Are doing what lovers doClothes on the floor
We're exploring our bodies
Getting you off is my new favorite hobby
Lipstick on your neck brands like a tattoo
Cause that just how lovers doOh, love is just another four letter word
But that never stopped nobody
Oh, either way we lose
Just like lovers, just like lovers doHis and hers closets are perfect for skeletons
Hiding resentment and shared infedelities
Cheers to regret, wash it down with some booze
Drinking like lovers doOh, love is just another four letter word
But that never stopped nobody
Oh, either way we lose
Just like lovers, just like lovers doThat's how it goes
So take care like a grown-up
Life's not a fairytale, it's hard to own up
Hire a hitman to take care of you
And end it like lovers doOh, love is just another four letter word
But that never stopped nobody
Oh, either way we lose
Just like lovers, just like lovers doI see you watching me
Eyes on your target
Mix drinks and smoke rings,
It's already started
Let's roll the dice and we'll both make our moves
Playing like lovers do"

The last few notes trailed off, overwhelmed by the applause coming from around the room. Smiling in self satisfaction, I stepped down off the stage and looked for Alastor. He was still sitting at our table, a curious look on his face. It was like he was undressing me with his eyes. I gave him my best seductive smile, sincerely hoping he would undress me with more than his eyes by the end of the night.