Something Special

When I opened my eyes, I was back in my apartment, on my couch. With a groan, I turned my head to see Alastor sitting in the broken down armchair reading a book. Seeing I was awake, he put down his book and came over to me. He reached out to take my hand, but I pulled away, curling up into a ball. 

"(Y/N)..." Alastor said softly, as if he was talking to a scared animal. Carefully, slowly, he reached out and took my hand. I looked back up at him, seeing sadness and concern reflected in his eyes. 

I sat up slowly, head pounding from being bashed against the dumpster. Alastor helped me up and handed me a glass of water. I sipped at it, trying to  wrap my head around everything that had happened. 

"Thank you for saving me," I said quietly, setting the glass back down. 

"Of course, my dear." He replied, giving me a slight smile. 

"You must think I'm really fucked up," I stated, wrapping my bandaged arms around my knees. 

"No, I don't," Alastor said, taking me into his arms, "I think someone hurt you when you were alive. That's not your fault though." I allowed myself to lean against him, feeling his warmth comforting me. His words flowed over me, contradicting every self doubt I had ever thought. 

"Do you really mean that?" I asked. 

Kissing me on the forehead, Alastor answered, "Of course I do." I snuggled closer against him, smiling slightly. This man was truly something special.