Late Night Visit

After Alastor had saved me and had listened to the story of my life as a living being, him being the radio demon didn't seem as significant. If being in league with some horrifying demon kept the other bad guys at bay, then oh well. 

It was a Saturday night, and I was on my couch eating chocolate ice cream right out the container while watching Friends reruns on TV. I was about halfway through an episode where Joey and Chandler bring home the duck and chicken when I heard a sharp tap tap tap at my door. Sighing, I set my ice cream aside and got up. Opening the door, I found Alastor there, with a raspberry mocha just for me. 

"You always seem to catch me while I look my worst." I said, letting him in and taking the mocha. 

Chuckling, he replied, "What you wear doesn't matter to me. I was just in the neighborhood and figured I would stop by to see how you're doing." I smiled in reply, touched at his thoughtfulness. 

We sat on the couch together and binge watched Friends. As the night stretched on, I found myself lying my head on his shoulder and curling up against him. Eventually Friends switched over to the news. Yawning, I sat up and stretched. 

"Midnight already?" Alastor checked his watch, "I should let you get some sleep." Wrapped up in a blanket, I followed him to the door. 

"Thank you for checking up on me," I said, "I really appreciate it." 

Alastor gave me a tired but happy smile, "Of course, my dear." Then reaching up on my tip toes, I gave him a soft kiss on the lips. He tasted like mint. It only lasted a moment, but when I opened my eyes again, he was looking at me with his Cheshire grin. 

"Good night, my dear." He said, giving me a kiss on the forehead before closing the door behind him.