CrossTale!Sans X Reader

------Cross Your Heart------

You reunited with Cross after your guy's AU was erased. Nothing could bring it back and you knew it. But he always thought he could, he's always arguing with himself about it. 

You can leave your AU without the help of someone else. You wore a long-sleeved jumpsuit that had big black and white squares, checkered vans, and a mesh black hoodie. You had (h/l) (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and were a little taller than Cross.

You've just returned from Underfell with Fell's chocolate cause it's all Cross will eat. Of course, you treated Fell to Grillbys since he's giving away his chocolate knowing your situation. He felt bad but you didn't want his pity. 

But you did talk to him about your problems and Cross. You've been concerned lately, sometimes while you're gone Ink visits and they talk and have "picnics" together but the last time you returned he wasn't his usual self. He had a shadow over his eyes and when you tried to talk to him he just stayed quiet and stared at the ground. 

You placed the chocolate on the ground next to him and left him alone for the day. You knew that you're not leaving Cross by himself if Ink were to come again. But it didn't happen. 

Someone unexpected came instead. 

Error...

"Join us Cross. We would be able to fix your AU and you can be living happily with your human toy over there. Just fight alongside us and we can fix it all. So what's it gonna be?" You were being restrained by Error's strings so you couldn't interfere. "Cross please don't go with him! He's lying, for gods' sake he destroys AUs for a living. Please just stay here with me and everything will be okay." He looks over his shoulder with a confused look in his eyes before facing Error again. He sighs and nods his head. 

He was about to turn around when Error pulled the strings causing them to tighten around you. You cry out in pain but try not to worry Cross too much. "Don't listen to this thing. She's able to hop from AU to AU and yet she still can't take you with her. Why hasn't she taken you with her? Do you think she cares about you? If she did wouldn't she have taken you out of this blank space to get some "fresh" air?" His eye sockets are empty as he realizes. 

He turns towards you and with haste as he has his knife out and close to your neck. You're trembling but you won't show fear to your dear friend. "I'm sorry. I should have offered you to come out with me. I know you didn't trust me at all and you probably blame me for our universe being gone. You probably blame me for Papyr-" He stabs the knife into your arm. You hiss in pain and try not to move. 

"YOU OF ALL PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY HIS NAME!" He says with a scary face. 

You lower your head and say, "I'm sorry... for everything. I'm sorry I'm not good enough. I'm sorry I'm not a good friend. I'm sorry that I can't bring him and everyone else back. I'm sorry that I'm such a failure. I'm sorry... that I love you yet you will never love me back..." You whispered the last part but he heard it. You were crying now, you've revealed your crush on him even though you said you wouldn't. You promised yourself you wouldn't cause you knew he didn't feel the same. 

"What?", his voice wavered. You cried out once again as the strings got tighter. They pierced the skin causing blood to stain your clothes. You hiss as the strings burn with the revealed flesh. You hang your head low as Cross's eye lights were out. He turns towards Error and agrees to be on his side in return y'all supposedly get your world back. After they left you were released from the strings falling to the ground. 

Crying out, you thought about how bad you've fucked up. You wanted to give up until a certain skeleton asked you to join him to stop them from destroying all the AUs.