Chapted Thirty one

Her first time

The days had rushed by in what felt like fleeting moments, and soon enough Bella was stood in her tiny apartment dressed in a silk black gown with her mind racing

The days had rushed by in what felt like fleeting moments, and soon enough Bella was stood in her tiny apartment dressed in a silk black gown with her mind racing. Joaquin was off to one side, fixing his suit with a shaky hand and dark eyes.

"Is this your first school dance Joaquin? Don't worry they are never nearly as bad as south sides." Bella sang as she fixed the snake eye necklace she had been given before her disappearance. The boy mumbled in response, slightly caught off guard at how the girl looked.

Her hair was neatly curled and wound into a half up do, with a bright red lipstick caressing her skin in what looked like a heavenly way. Her look was topped off with the golden snake that was hanging across her back, keeping the open back dress from falling more than it should.

"Are you ready?" She hummed, checking her phone for any updates from the Jones kid she was apparently meant to meet at the Coopers. The serpent boy nodded, and the two departed the empty apartment with a stomach full of caged snakes begging to be let out.

******

Bella knocked on the Coopers door as Joaquin sped off into the distance, her curiosity spiking as she heard shouts through the home.

"Who else have you invited Elizabeth?" Alice Cooper berated her child as she stormed to the hallway, throwing the door open with as much brute force she could.

"Jessabelle Rhodes, I thought you crawled back to the shadows of the southside sometime last week?" The mother spat, although her content was not so much spite but slight worry.

"Hey, Alice. Thats no way to speak to a kid." FP called out as he stumbled into the hallway, leaving both girls shocked at his entrance.

"Last time I checked this was my home." Alice retorted, her eyes slitted as if her snake was being drawn back out. Bella quickly coughed, drawing all eyes to slowly drawl back to her with an unenthusiastic eye roll.

"As much as id hate to interrupt whatever this is." Bella signalled between the two adults stood either side of her with a cringed expression, amused at the tension rising in the room as if it were set on boil.

"I'm only here because Jughead told me to meet him after your little tea party. But I'll just wait outside." She was already retreating as another figure came barrelling into the room, coat in hand a soft smile dancing on his lips.

"I'm here, I'm here. Thanks again Mrs Cooper for the pie." Jughead awkwardly saluted the woman as he hurried to the door, his hand gently nudging the confused girl away by the small of her back. The adults huddled in curiosity as the teens stumbled down to the run down truck parked scruffily by the curb, prying eyes digging into their skin like knives.

"Why were you eating pie at the Coopers?" Bella whispered, glancing slightly to the family almost glaring behind her.

"To be honest I don't even know." They rounded the car to form a sort of barricade, stopping in the cold air as if to finally say hello.

"You look..." Jughead started, his eyes flickering across the black dress hugging at Bellas body.

"Like a total idiot." She finished his sentence, quirking a brow as the boy only laughed. It was uncomforting exposed not by skin but by soul, watching as the boy across from her read her like an open book.

"You know I was going to say beautiful." Jughead smirked, his large hands finding her waist as she shrunk into his warmth.

"Yeah but I thought I could change your mind." Bella countered, easing at his touch and almost melting away. Jugheads cheeks blossomed a rose red at the girls words, rolling his eyes to stifle the stunned feeling he had always felt around her.

"Nothing could change my mind about you, Jessebelle Rhodes." Her delicate fingers traced up his arms and rested on his collarbone, head dipping as she hid her blushing smile.

"You're a dork." She mumbled, glancing up through her thick eyelashes to the scrawny boy chuckling at her words.

"That's what makes me so loveable." He retorted with a fake gasp, tilting her chin upward slightly to finally see her beauty in full view.

"Well, I don't know about that Jones." Bella raised her brows, trembling at his touch as it sent shocks of electricity to flood her body.

"Maybe I can change your mind." He whispered, glancing at her red lips with a hunger he had felt for months.

In soft movements, their lips interlocked and it was as if their bodies melted into one. a gentle hand pulled Bella closer as the other cradled her cheek, sending hot pulses of fire to dowse her skin. She smiled as they moved to rest their forehead on one another, a light laugh filtering into the air.

"Nothing will change my mind about you, Jughead Jones. You're stuck with me."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."